One and One (song)
Edyta Górniak versionEdit
|"One & One"|
European CD maxi-single
|Single by Edyta Górniak|
|from the album Edyta Gorniak|
|Songwriter(s)||Billy Steinberg, Marie-Claire D'Ubaldo, Rick Nowels|
|Edyta Górniak singles chronology|
The song was first recorded in 1996 by Polish singer Edyta Górniak. However, her version of the song was not released until 1997 when it appeared on her first international album, Edyta Górniak. The song was released as a single in Japan in 1997 and internationally in 1999.
- One & One (3:39)
- "When You Come Back to Me" (Live in Portugal) (4:47)
- One & One (3:22)
- I Don't Know What's On your Mind (3:58)
German maxi singleEdit
- One & One (3:22)
- Under Her Spell (4:13)
- When You Come Back To Me (Live in Portugal) (4:47)
- One & One (SuperChumbo's High Octane Mix) (6:43)
Japanese maxi singleEdit
- One & One (3:22)
- Coming Back To Love (4:03)
- Never Will I (4:08)
The music video of One & One includes scenes from the music video for Anything, some new scenes and private shots.
- Backing Vocals: Edyta Gorniak
- Producer: Christopher Neil
- Engineer, Mixed By: Simon Hurrell
- Assistant engineer: Gareth Ashton, Neil Tucker, Robert Catermole
- Spanish guitar: Hugh Burns, John Themis
- Keyboards, Bass, Drum programming: Steve Pigott
- Written by: Billy Steinberg, Marie-Claire D'Ubaldo, Rick Nowels
|Germany (Official German Charts)||79|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||42|
- UK: 4 November 1996
- Germany: 8 March 1999
Robert Miles versionEdit
|"One and One"|
|Single by Robert Miles featuring Maria Nayler|
|from the album Dreamland|
|Released||4 November, 1996|
|Robert Miles featuring Maria Nayler singles chronology|
"One and One" was the third single of Italian electronic dance musician Robert Miles, released on 4 November 1996 from his debut album Dreamland and his second hit, it features English singer Maria Nayler on vocals. "One and One" was Robert Miles second number one on the US dance charts, and it also went to number one in Israel, Italy and Scotland.
Miles is known by some collectors of CD singles for the quotes he includes on his jewel case inserts, succinct expressions of what he was attempting to communicate in writing and producing the song. Of One and One Miles wrote:
...Sometimes, you don't even have the time to realize
what is happening to your life,
that it has already happened...
the world moves too fast...
let's recapture the essence of time."
Billboard wrote about the song: "The follow-up to the left-field hit "Children" pairs the Italian producer/musician with singer Maria Nayler, who brings an appropriately ethereal quality to the cut's warm and pillowy instrumentation. She coos and whispers atop a stream of piano lines that are similar to the infectious tinkling on "Children," while a quietly insinuating dance beat pushes along at a disco-like pace."
The Gavin Report wrote: "Well, no one can argue that the words are better this time around. In all seriousness, Miles disproved the long-held belief that Top 40 programmers will not play instrumentals. They do play hits, and after overcoming some initial resistance, "Children" proved itself to be a smash here just as it had been around the world. This followup, which does feature a vocal, has a Euro feel, which B96-Chicago MD Erik Bradley describes as hypnotic. After two weeks of spins, he reports "a ton of calls from women. I think this will be one of the big records for fall."
CD maxi - RemixesEdit
"The Child (Inside)" by Qkumba Zoo
|Billboard Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
7 December 1996 (1 week)
"Sugar Is Sweeter" by C.J. Bolland
"It's All Coming Back to Me Now" by Céline Dion
|Belgian (Flanders) number-one single
14 December 1996 - 4 January 1997 (4 weeks)
"Freed from Desire" by Gala
- "Lescharts.com – Edyta Gorniak – One & One" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Musicline.de – Gorniak, Edyta Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Swisscharts.com – Edyta Gorniak – One & One". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Billboard: Single Reviews" (PDF). Billboard magazine. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- Sholin, Dave (August 16, 1996). "Gavin Picks > Singles" (PDF). Gavin Report. No. 2118. p. 94. Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 15 Jun 1997". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- "One and One", in various singles charts Lescharts.com (Retrieved April 10, 2008)
- "Ultratop Dance 09/11/1996". ultratop.be. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- Canadian dance peak
- "Top 10 Denmark" (PDF). Music & Media. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Hits of the World: Eurochart Hot 100 (IFPI/Nielsen Marketing Research) 07/06/96". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 108 (27): 56. July 6, 1996. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Robert Miles singles, German Singles Chart" (in German). musicline. Retrieved April 19, 2010.
- "Íslenski Listinn Topp 40 (12.12.1996-18.12.1996)" (PDF) (in Icelandic). Dagblaðið Vísir - Tónlist. Retrieved February 5, 2018.
- Irish Single Chart Irishcharts.ie (Retrieved April 14, 2008)
- Israeli Singles Chart 19.11.1996
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Robert Miles" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Robert Miles – One and One" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- Billboard Allmusic.com (Retrieved July 2, 2009)
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 177.
- 1996 Belgian (Flanders) Singles Chart Ultratop.be (Retrieved September 5, 2008)
- 1996 Belgian (Wallonia) Singles Chart Ultratop.be (Retrieved September 5, 2008)
- 1997 Belgian (Flanders) Singles Chart Ultratop.be (Retrieved September 5, 2008)
- 1997 Belgian (Wallonia) Singles Chart Ultratop.be (Retrieved September 5, 2008)
- 1997 French Singles Chart Disqueenfrance.com Archived 2009-06-27 at the Wayback Machine. (Retrieved September 5, 2008)
- "Top 100 Single-Jahrescharts" (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Robert Miles; 'One & One')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Norwegian single certifications – Robert Miles – One on One" (in Norwegian). IFPI Norway.
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 1987−1998" (PDF) (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden.
- "British single certifications – Robert Miles ft Maria Nayler – One and One". British Phonographic Industry. Enter One and One in the search field and then press Enter.