One Armenia Party
|National affiliation||Homeland Salvation Movement (2020-2021)|
The founding congress of the One Armenia Party was held on 19 February 2019, in Yerevan. Arthur Ghazinian, who also heads Yerevan State University's Center of European Studies, was elected by a majority of party members as Chairman.
The party released its charter and manifesto as well as completed its registration with the Ministry of Justice. The party currently acts as an extra-parliamentary force. At a briefing with reporters, Artur Ghazinyan stated that this new party is a centrist political force and will help avoid a possible collision of opposite political poles in Armenia.
The party has been a critic of Armenia's Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, with Ghazinian stating that the Prime Minister has already lost his legitimacy, has fully exhausted himself and will soon lose power. The party has also criticized Pashinyan's government of poorly handling foreign affairs and the on-going Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
The party believes in developing Armenia's civil society, strengthening democracy and creating a powerful sovereign state with a strong national identity and institutions. The party has also voiced strong opposition to ideological polarization, populism, radicalism and extremism. Instead, the party encourages ideological restraint and establishing a collaborative and consensual political culture in Armenia.
In terms of foreign policy, the party supports a balanced relationship with both Russia and the European Union. The party also supports international recognition of Artsakh as well as protecting Armenia's cultural heritage and the values of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
On 9 November 2020, the party signed a joint declaration with the other member parties of the Homeland Salvation Movement calling on Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan to resign during the 2020–2021 Armenian protests.
- "One Armenia party convenes founding congress". news.am.
- "'Centrist' politicians announce launch of new political party in Armenia". www.tert.am.
- "«Մեկ Հայաստան». նոր կուսակցություն է ձևավորվում". yerevan.today.
- "«Մեկ Հայաստան» կուսակցության նախագահ ընտրվեց Արթուր Ղազինյանը". A1Plus.
- LLC, Helix Consulting. "Extension of state of emergency has nothing to do with coronavirus pandemic: advocate - aysor.am - Hot news from Armenia". www.aysor.am.
- LLC, Helix Consulting. "Արթուր Ղազինյան. Հայաստանը չի կառավարվում". www.panorama.am.
- "Armenian political party leader: Upcoming Putin-Erdogan meeting is becoming dangerous". news.am.
- "Arthur Ghazinyan. The movement had a minimum threshold and a maximum threshold. We were able to reach the minimum threshold".
- LLC, Helix Consulting. "Armenia may assume chief role in the theatre of political absurd: One Armenia party chairperson - aysor.am - Hot news from Armenia". www.aysor.am.
- "President Armen Sarkissian received representatives of the One Armenia Party - Press releases - Updates - The President of the Republic of Armenia". www.president.am.
- "Arminfo: 17 քաղաքական կուսակցություններ պահանջում են Նիկոլ Փաշինյանի և նրա թիմի հրաժարականը". arminfo.info.