|Location||24, Ikoyi Crescent, 00176-0000 Ikoyi, Lagos|
Omenka Gallery was founded in Lagos in 2003 by Nigerian artist,curator and art administrator Oliver Enwonwu. Enwonwu's father, Ben Enwonwu, (1917-1994) was one of Nigeria's leading, 20th-century, modernist artists.
Since 2003, Omenka Gallery's programme of solo and group exhibitions has introduced new work by established and emerging Nigerian and international artists. Exhibitions, like the 2009 show, A perspective on contemporary Nigerian photography, focused public attention on developing trends in the Nigerian artworld by featuring new talents, like George Osodi (b.1974), alongside renowned masters such as J.D. ‘Okhai Ojeikere (1930-2014). Omenka gallery also hosted 'Insanity' the first Hyperrealism group exhibition in Nigeria which featured hyperrealists like Arinze Stanley, Ken Nwadiogbu and Ayo Filade. In the following decade, the gallery's programme developed its international profile, with exhibitions such as Having Travelled Far, which showcased a group of established, Europe-based artists of African heritage: Godfried Donkor (b.1964), Owusu-Ankomah (b. 1956), Manuela Sambo (b. 1964), EL Loko (b. 1950), and Ransome Stanley (b. 1953). The gallery has also participated in international art fairs, including Art15 in London, Art Dubai in the United Arab Emirates , and The Armory Show in New York.
Abass Kelani (b. 1979)
Cedric Nunn (b. 1957)
Chibuike Uzoma (b. 1992)
Dominique Zinkpè (b. 1969)
Duke Asidere (1961)
Estate Of J.D. ‘Okhai Ojeikere (1930-2014)
Gary Stephens (b. 1952)
Gerry Nnubia (b. 1966)
Jerry Buhari (b. 1959)
Joel Mpah Dooh
Kimathi Donkor (b. 1965)
Nathalie Mba Bikoro
Ndidi Emefiele (b. 1987)
Nengi Omuku (b. 1987)
Nnenna Okore (b. 1975)
Owusu-Ankomah (b. 1956)
Onyema Offoedu-Okeke (b. 1967)
James Iroha Uchechukwu (b. 1972)
- "Omenka Gallery". Art Dubai.ae. Art Dubai. 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Umukoro, Arukaino (2014). "Dad painted mum's portrait on his deathbed — Prof. Ben Enwonwu's son". Punchng.com. Punchng.com. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Nwachukwu, McPhilips (2009). "From photo artists to Nigeria@ 49: a lens narrative". Vanguard. Vanguard. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Insanity: An Exhibition of Hyperrealist Art - Omenka Gallery". Omenka Gallery. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- "Primordial Echoes". This Day Live. This Day Live. 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Waters, Florence (2015). "Art15: A primer". Christie's The Art People. Christie's. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Artists represented by Omenka Gallery".