Oman at the 2016 Summer Olympics
|Oman at the|
2016 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Oman Olympic Committee|
|in Rio de Janeiro|
|Competitors||4 in 2 sports|
|Flag bearer||Hamed Said Al-Khatri|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Four Omani athletes, two per gender, were selected to the team to compete only in athletics and shooting at the Games, matching the nation's roster size with London 2012. Among them were sprinter Barakat Al-Harthi, the lone returning Olympian from the previous Games, and rifle shooter Hamed Said Al-Khatri, who led the Omani delegation as the oldest competitor (aged 31) and the nation's flag bearer in the opening ceremony. Oman, however, has yet to win its first ever Olympic medal.
Athletics (track & field)Edit
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Barakat Al-Harthi||Men's 100 m||Bye||10.22||3||Did not advance|
|Mazoon Al-Alawi||Women's 100 m||12.30||3 q||12.43||8||Did not advance|
|Hamed Said Al-Khatri||Men's 50 m rifle 3 positions||1138||43||Did not advance|
|Wadha Al-Balushi||Women's 10 m air pistol||379||26||Did not advance|
Qualification Legend: Q = Qualify for the next round; q = Qualify for the bronze medal (shotgun)
- "Al Khatri to carry Oman flag at Rio". Oman Daily Observer. 4 August 2016. Archived from the original on 5 August 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Oman delegation gear up for Rio Olympics". Times of Oman. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Rio 2016 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Quota Places by Nation and Number". www.issf-sports.org/. ISSF. 30 May 2016. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "2016 Olympic Games: Two Omani shooters get wild cards for Rio". Muscat Daily. 16 May 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.