Oleksiy Poroshenko (Ukrainian: Олексій Петрович Порошенко; born 6 March 1985) is a Ukrainian politician and diplomat. He has been the People's Deputy of Ukraine since November 2014 and is the son of President Petro Poroshenko.
|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
|Assumed office |
27 November 2014
Oleksiy Petrovych Poroshenko
6 March 1985
Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Petro Poroshenko Bloc|
|Alma mater||Institute of international relations of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Taras Shevchenko National University, London School of Economics, INSEAD|
Oleksiy Poroshenko is the eldest son of Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.
In 2002 he graduated from Klovsky Lyceum, Ukraine. From 2001 to 2002 he studied at Eton College in England. From 2002 to 2003 he studied at Winchester College. From 2002 to 2006 he studied at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Institute of International Relations From 2004 to 2007 he studied at the London school of Economics. In 2008 he graduated from the Institute of International Relations and the London School of Economics. From 2011 to 2012 he studied at INSEAD business school (Diversity Fund Scholarship) in France and Singapore.
During 2009-2010 worked as an adviser in the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine.
From September 2010 to June 2011 he was Vice-Consul of the Department of Economic Affairs at the Consulate General of Ukraine in Shanghai.
In October 2014, Poroshenko was elected Deputy of Ukraine from the Petro Poroshenko Bloc "Solidarity" in the single-mandate constituency №12 in the Vinnytsia region. According to the Central Election Commission, Poroshenko scored 64.04% or 62,359 votes of the electronic protocols of precinct commissions.
Head of the inter-parliamentary relations group with the Republic of Singapore.
Member of the Ukrainian delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU). On 11 April 2017 Oleksiy Poroshenko speaking at a briefing in the Verkhovna Rada said that Ukraine boycotting the holding the Assembly of the inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) in St. Petersburg and calls on other countries to do so.
During his participation in the special operation in Donbass, Oleksiy Poroshenko was listed under a different name for conspiracy (Anisenko). He was a mortar gunner and served under the Kramatorsk.
On 21 September 2018, according to the independent analytical platform VoxUkraine, according to the index of support for reforms, Poroshenko entered the top ten most effective people's deputies of the eighth session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the eighth convocation, who supported the reform laws.
Oleksiy Poroshenko co-authored the draft law №3150 "on amending article 15 of the Law of Ukraine "on the status of war veterans, guarantees of their social protection" on strengthening the social protection of family members of the victims, adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on February 2, 2016. The bill provides for the abolition of absolutely unfair restrictions in the provision of benefits to the families of those who died defending Ukraine.
Oleksiy Poroshenko became the author of a number of legislative initiatives. Among which:
|Registration number of the draft law||Registration date||Title of the draft law|
|1817||22 January 2015||The draft Law on amendments to paragraph 2 "Final provision" Law of Ukraine "On amendments to the Tax code of Ukraine" about release from the taxation of production of defense appointment|
|2202||23 February 2015||The draft Law on amendments to subsection 2 section XX "Final provisions" Tax code of Ukraine on special personal protective equipment|
|2203||23 February 2015||Draft Law on amendments to section XXI "Final and transitional provisions" of the Customs code of Ukraine on special personal protective equipment|
|2599-1||23 April 2015||Draft Law on amendments to the Law of Ukraine "On higher education" regarding the establishment of restrictions on election to office (the appointment of an acting) head of higher education institution|
|3150||18 September 2015||Draft Law on amendments to article 15 of the Law of Ukraine " On the status of war veterans, guarantees of their social protection" about strengthening of social protection of family members of the victims|
|3442||10 November 2015||Draft Law on amendments to the labour Code of Ukraine (on the harmonization of legislation in the field of prevention and combating discrimination with the law of the European Union)|
|4014-а||15 July 2016||The draft Law on amendments to the Law of Ukraine " About sources of financing of road economy of Ukraine" regarding the improvement of the financing mechanism of the road sector|
|4015-а||15 July 2016||Draft Law on amendments to the Budget code of Ukraine on improvement of the financing mechanism of the road sector|
|4646-д||16 June 2016||The draft Law on amendments to the Law of Ukraine " About accounting and financial reporting in Ukraine" (concerning the improvement of certain provisions)|
|6016-д||23 October 2017||Draft Law on audit of financial statements and audit activities|
|8556||04 July 2018||Draft law On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine on access of persons with special educational needs to educational services|
According to the electronic declaration, in 2015, Oleksiy Poroshenko received ₴ 77,212 (US$3,227) as salary in the Verkhovna Rada. From the state budget, he was granted 80,559 hryvnias compensation for expenses related to deputy activities. Poroshenko had the office in Vinnytsia with an area of 178.5 m², which at the time of acquisition (November 15, 2013) cost ₴ 1.8 million (US$219,673). Together with his mother, Oleksiy Poroshenko has an apartment in Kiev with an area of 80.66 m². Poroshenko declared three cars: GAZ-14 (Chaika, produced in 1981), BMW 320i Cabrio (produced in 2011, the cost of ₴ 424.64 thousand), and Land Rover Discovery 4.0 (2013, the cost of ₴ 680.4 thousand). On the accounts in the International Investment Bank, Poroshenko had € 15 011, US$141 thousand, and €88 thousand. He also declared ₴ 187 thousand in cash.
— Olexiy Poroshenko, Izvestia in Ukraine, 2016.
In 2016, Poroshenko received ₴ 152,941 as salary in the Verkhovna Rada. On the accounts in the International Investment Bank, Oleksiy Poroshenko had €11.9 thousand, US$95.6 thousand, and €82.1 thousand. He declared ₴ 317.2 thousand in cash. His spouse, Julia Poroshenko, declared ₴ 82,988 as salary in the McKinsey & Company Ukraine. Income from insurance payments was 953,886 hryvnias. She had 138,879 euros in the bank account of BNP Paribas overseas. On the accounts in the International Investment Bank, Julia Poroshenko had €82.1 thousand, US$95.6 thousand. She also had US$304,859 at the Citibank overseas.
Oleksiy Poroshenko is the son of Maryna Perevedentseva and Petro Poroshenko. He has two sisters, the twins Yevheniya and Oleksandra (born 2000), and a brother, Mykhaylo (born 2001). Oleksiy Poroshenko is married and has a son, born 7 June 2014.
Oleksiy Poroshenko is depicted on one of the walls in a church located on the territory of his father's landholding in the VIP village of Kozyn (Koncha-Zaspa historic neighbourhood in the Holosiivskyi District of the city of Kiev). The estate of Petro Poroshenko is located 13 kilometers from Kiev along the Novoobuhovskaya highway. The fresco depicts the family of Poroshenko, including Petro Poroshenko with his wife Marina, the children Oleksiy, Yevheniya, Oleksandra and Mykhaylo. According to the icon painter Dmitry Marchenko, in terms of style, the image is similar to the paintings of the 19th century Russian painter Ivan Makarov, whose paintings include Emperor Alexander III with his family.
- Sputnik. "Poroshenko's Son Becomes Ukrainian Parliament Member: Election Commission". sputniknews.com. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Petro Poroshenko. Family and children, Korrespondent.net (May 28, 2014)
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Petro Poroshenko. Family and children, [Korrespondent.net]] (May 28, 2014)
- "What rise of Poroshenko's son, Olexiy, says about father's ways". Kyivpost. 7 October 2016. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Poroshenko Oleksiy, [Slovoidilo.ua]]
- Россия ввела контрмеры в ответ на санкции Украины (in Russian). TASS. 1 November 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- Россия ввела санкции против Украины. В списке - политики и бизнесмены (in Russian). BBC. 1 November 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- Россия расширила санкции против Украины (in Russian). Gordonua.com. 25 December 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- Россия применила новые санкции против Украины: кто попал в "черный список" Кремля (in Russian). 24 Channel. 25 December 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) The son of the father: what career of Oleksiy Poroshenko says about the President of Ukraine, Reinvent.platfor.ma
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Petro Poroshenko's Family, [Ukraina.ru]]
- "Petro Poroshenko's Family". Ukraina.ru.
- Михайлина Скорык (2010-05-28). "Дипломатія династій" (in Ukrainian). «Левый берег». Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- "Son Oleksiy Poroshenko won the elections to the Parliament in district No. 12 in Vinnytsia region" (in Ukrainian). Central Election Commission (Ukraine). 2014-10-28. Archived from the original on 2018-10-19. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Ukrainian) Poroshenko Oleksiy, rada.gov.ua
- "International platform for saving the world". golos.com.ua (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- "Ukraine will boycott the inter-parliamentary Assembly in St. Petersburg - Oleksiy Poroshenko". zik.ua (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Ukraine Election: The Chocolate King Rises". Spiegel Online. 22 May 2014. Archived from the original on 28 May 2014.
- Сын Порошенко рассказал, как воевал на Донбассе под чужой фамилией [Poroshenko's son told how he fought in the Donbass under a different name] (in Russian). Сегодня. 29 November 2014. Archived from the original on 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- Переговорник АТО: син Порошенка служить на Донбасі [ATO hostage negotiator: Poroshenko's son serves in the Donbas] (in Ukrainian). Ukrayinska Pravda. 22 August 2014. Archived from the original on 2017-09-30. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- Украинские госслужащие получили возможность изучать передовой опыт Сингапура в сфере эффективного государственного управления и противодействия коррупции — Алексей Порошенко [Ukrainian civil servants got the opportunity to study Singapore’s best practices in effective government and anti-corruption - Oleksiy Poroshenko] (in Russian). Petro Poroshenko Bloc "Solidarity". 23 August 2017. Archived from the original on 2018-11-14. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- "Strategic leadership and foresight 14 to 18 august 2017 (General information brochure)" (PDF). Singapore Cooperation Programme. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
To date, Singapore has sponsored training courses and study visits for over 100,000 officials from more than 170 countries.
- "Прийшов, натиснув, переміг. Які депутати найкраще голосували за реформи під час восьмої сесії ВР". voxukraine.org. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- "Сім'ї загиблих учасників Революції Гідності та АТО отримуватимуть пільги без врахування доходів". radrda.gov.ua. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- [http://solydarnist.org/?p=51829%7Ctitle= Держава посилила захист сімей загиблих захисників України – Олексій Порошенко|website=solydarnist.org|accessdate=2016-02-02}}
- The official website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Bills submitted by O. P. Poroshenko
- Перегляд декларації (in Ukrainian). Unified State Register of Declarations. 29 October 2016. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- Семья сына Порошенко увеличила свой банковский счет почти в 300 раз (in Russian). Strana.ua. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- "Сын Порошенко задекларировал авто Land Rover и часы Breguet" (in Russian). RIA Novosti Ukraine. 29 October 2016. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- Сын Порошенко задекларировал «Волгу» 1981 года, 77 тыс. грн заработка и почти 2 млн грн зарплаты жены (in Russian). Gordonua.com. 29 October 2016. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- Сын Петра Порошенко затребовал значительного повышения своей депутатской зарплаты (in Russian). Izvestia in Ukraine. 24 March 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- Перегляд декларації (in Ukrainian). Unified State Register of Declarations. 29 March 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Tadeusz A. Olszański; Agata Wierzbowska-Miazga (28 May 2014). "Poroshenko, President of Ukraine". OSW, Poland. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Порошенко став дідом [Poroshenko has become a grandfather]. Ukrayinska Pravda (in Ukrainian). 7 June 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Alyona Lipetskaya, Kirill Malyshev (28 November 2016). "Фреска Петра Порошенко напоминает картины с императором Александром ІІІ" (in Russian). Strana.ua. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Maria Prozorova (28 November 2016). Иконописцы: "Фреска с Порошенко — "блажь" заказчика" (in Russian). KP. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- В сети показали фреску Порошенко с семьей (in Russian). korrespondent.net. 28 November 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2018.