Ohio State Route 45
State Route 45 (SR 45) is a north–south state highway in the northeastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is at the State Route 7/State Route 39 concurrency in Wellsville, and its northern terminus is at State Route 531 about 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Ashtabula.
Route of SR 45 highlighted in red
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length||96.62 mi (155.49 km)|
|South end||SR 7 / SR 39 in Wellsville|
|North end||SR 531 near Ashtabula|
|Counties||Columbiana, Mahoning, Trumbull, Ashtabula|
- 1924 – Original route established; originally routed from Lisbon to Geneva along its current route from Lisbon to 1½ miles south of Salem, from 1½ miles south of Salem to 1½ miles north of Salem on a currently unnumbered road, along its current route from 1½ miles north of Salem to North Bloomfield, from North Bloomfield to Windsor on a currently unnumbered road, and from Windsor to Geneva along current State Route 534.
- 1931 – By this time, rerouted from North Bloomfield to Orwell along a previously unnumbered road, and from Orwell to Windsor along U.S. Route 322; original routing from North Bloomfield to Windsor decertified.
- 1932 – Extended to Wellsville along the former alignment of State Route 153 from Wellsville to West Point, and along U.S. Route 30 (formerly State Route 5 before 1926) from West Point to Lisbon.
- 1938 – Rerouted north from Orwell to its current northern terminus; former alignment from Windsor to Geneva certified as State Route 534.
- 1976 – Routed around Salem on newly completed bypass (southwest portion completed in 1972; bypass certified as State Route 45B in 1974).
- 1997 – From Lisbon to State Route 558 upgraded to divided highway.
|Columbiana||Wellsville||0.00||0.00||SR 7 / SR 39||SR 45 begins at westbound exit ramp from SR 7 / SR 39 concurrency|
|Madison Township||8.95||14.40|| |
US 30 to SR 11
|SR 45 joins US 30 westbound; US 30 joins SR 11 to the east 0.10 mi.|
|9.78||15.74||SR 518||SR 518 ends to the south (northern terminus).|
|Lisbon||14.80||23.82||SR 154||Eastern terminus of US 30/SR 45/SR 154 concurrency; SR 154 continues east (Lincoln Way).|
|15.34||24.69|| US 30|
|US 30 continues west (Lincoln Way); SR 154 begins concurrent to the east (western terminus); SR 164 joins from the south; SR 517 begins concurrent to the north (Market Street) (western terminus).|
|15.69||25.25||SR 164 / SR 517||SR 164/SR 517 leave concurrent to the northeast (Lee Street).|
|Salem Township||20.73||33.36||SR 558||SR 558 begins to the northeast (western terminus).|
|Salem||24.50||39.43||South Lincoln Avenue||Former routing of SR 45|
|Perry Township||25.68||41.33||SR 9||New Garden Road|
|26.91||43.31||US 62 / SR 173||US 62 joins from the west (Salem-Alliance Road)|
|27.32||43.97||SR 14||Benton Road|
SR 14 Temporary
|Interchange; eastern terminus of SR 14 Temporary|
|29.34||47.22||US 62||US 62 leaves to the east.|
|30.60||49.25||SR 165||South Range Road|
|Ellsworth Township||36.15||58.18||US 224||Akron-Canfield Road|
|Jackson Township||40.78||65.63||CR 18||Formerly part of SR 18 (Mahoning Avenue)|
I-80 / Ohio Turnpike via Hallock Young Road
|Warren||51.08||82.21||US 422 / SR 169||SR 169 begins east (western terminus) concurrent with US 422 (Market Street NW)|
|Champion Township||54.36||87.48||SR 5 / SR 82||Interchange|
|56.67||91.20||SR 305||Center Street|
|Bristol Township||62.30||100.26||SR 88||Greenville Road|
|Bloomfield Township||67.45||108.55||SR 87||Kinsman Road NW|
|Rome Township||77.38||124.53||US 6|
|Austinburg Township||89.05||143.31||SR 307|
|90.07||144.95||I-90||I-90 exit 223|
|Saybrook Township||92.45||148.78||SR 84||S. Ridge Road West|
|93.48||150.44||US 20||N. Ridge Road West|
|96.62||155.49||SR 531||Lake Road West|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams".
- Explanation of the Ohio State Highway System (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source] Archived May 23, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Route 45 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source] Archived December 21, 2004, at the Wayback Machine