Ognjen Koroman (Serbian Cyrillic: Огњен Короман, pronounced [ǒɡɲen kǒroman]; born 19 September 1978) is a Serbian former professional footballer who played as a winger. He represented Serbia and Montenegro at the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Koroman with Krylia Sovetov in 2011
|Full name||Ognjen Koroman|
|Date of birth||19 September 1978|
|Place of birth||Pale, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Red Star Belgrade|
|2006||→ Portsmouth (loan)||3||(1)|
|2006||→ Portsmouth (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007||→ Red Star Belgrade (loan)||12||(2)|
|2007–2009||Red Star Belgrade||51||(10)|
|2010–2011||Red Star Belgrade||23||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
After coming through the youth system of Red Star Belgrade, Koroman played for Radnički Kragujevac, Spartak Subotica, and OFK Beograd in the First League of FR Yugoslavia. He spent a year and a half with each side, before moving abroad in the 2002 winter transfer window.
While playing for Russian Premier League clubs Dynamo Moscow, Krylia Sovetov, and Terek Grozny, Koroman amassed 94 appearances and scored 16 goals in the top flight, being named in the league's best 33 players for the 2002 season.
In January 2006, Koroman moved on loan to English club Portsmouth. He made three appearance for the side in the league, scoring on the final day of the season in a 3–1 loss to Liverpool. In August of the same year, Koroman returned to Portsmouth on a season-long loan. He appeared in three games before leaving the club in the 2007 winter transfer window.
In February 2007, Koroman returned to Serbia and joined his parent club Red Star Belgrade on a seven-month loan deal. He helped the side win the double in the 2006–07 season. In August 2007, Koroman signed a permanent contract with the club.
In July 2009, Koroman moved to Asia and signed with Korean club Incheon United. He thus rejoined his former manager Ilija Petković. In June 2010, Koroman returned to Red Star Belgrade, penning a two-year contract. He left the club after just one season.
In June 2011, Koroman returned to Russia and joined his former club Krylia Sovetov, signing a two-and-a-half-year deal. He appeared in nine league games and scored one goal in the first half of the 2011–12 season, before being demoted to the youth squad.
Koroman was capped 36 times and scored once for Serbia (and its predecessors) from 2002 to 2007. He was a member of the Serbia and Montenegro team in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, making two appearances and receiving two yellow cards in the process.
|Red Star Belgrade (loan)||2006–07||12||2|
|Red Star Belgrade||2007–08||30||6|
|Red Star Belgrade||2010–11||23||2|
|Serbia and Montenegro||2003||0||0|
- Red Star Belgrade
- "Ognjen Koroman - FIFA World Cup 2006 - Serbia & Montenegro". sporting-heroes.net. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Pompey sign Routledge & Koroman". bbc.co.uk. 30 January 2006. Retrieved 31 August 2007.
- "Portsmouth 1-3 Liverpool". bbc.co.uk. 7 May 2006. Retrieved 31 August 2007.
- "Koroman makes Fratton Park return". bbc.co.uk. 22 August 2006. Retrieved 31 August 2007.
- "Portsmouth defend Fernandes loan". bbc.co.uk. 6 February 2007. Retrieved 31 August 2007.
- "Koroman potpisao" (in Serbian). novosti.rs. 5 February 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Crvena zvezda otkupila Koromanov ugovor" (in Serbian). blic.rs. 10 August 2007. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Koroman "počastvovan pažnjom"" (in Serbian). b92.net. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Koroman potpisao dvogodišnji ugovor sa Zvezdom!" (in Serbian). blic.rs. 27 June 2010. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Огньен Короман вернулся в "Крылья Советов"" (in Russian). kc-camapa.ru. 3 June 2011. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Короман Огнен" (in Russian). premierliga.ru. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ognjen Koroman.|