Ogden Newspapers Inc. is a Wheeling, West Virginia based publisher of daily and weekly newspapers, magazines, telephone directories, and shoppers guides. The company was founded by H.C. Ogden in 1890, and is currently run by the family of his grandson, G. Ogden Nutting. Current CEO Robert Nutting, son of G. Ogden Nutting, is the fourth generation of the Ogden-Nutting family to run the company, and is also principal owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates. It has operations in Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and West Virginia, serving mostly small markets, such as Cape Coral, Florida, Fort Wayne, Indiana and Lawrence, Kansas.
|Industry||Newspapers, Magazines, Yellow Pages|
|Headquarters||Wheeling, West Virginia|
|Robert Nutting, CEO and President|
Duane D. Wittman, CFO
Bill Nutting, VP
|Products||34 daily newspapers|
81 weekly newspapers, shoppers, and magazines
Number of employees
|Website||Ogden Newspapers Inc website|
- Estherville Daily News of Estherville, Iowa
- Fort Dodge Messenger of Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Marshalltown Times Republican of Marshalltown, Iowa
- Webster City Daily Freeman Journal of Webster City, Iowa
- Alpena News of Alpena, Michigan
- The Daily Mining Gazette of Houghton, Michigan
- Daily Press of Escanaba, Michigan
- The Daily News of Iron Mountain, Michigan
- The Mining Journal of Marquette, Michigan
- Sentinel of Fairmont, Minnesota
- Marshall Independent of Marshall, Minnesota
- The Journal of New Ulm, Minnesota
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise of Saranac Lake, New York
- The Observer of Dunkirk, New York
- Leader Herald of Gloversville, New York (through July 31, 2021)
- Lake Placid News, a weekly of Lake Placid, New York
- The Post-Journal of Jamestown, New York
- The Courier (Findlay) of Findlay, Ohio
- Review Times of Fostoria, Ohio
- Herald-Star of Steubenville, Ohio
- Marietta Times of Marietta, Ohio
- Martins Ferry Times Leader of Martins Ferry, Ohio
- Morning Journal of Lisbon, Ohio
- Norwalk Reflector of Norwalk, Ohio
- The Review of East Liverpool, Ohio
- Salem News (Ohio) of Salem, Ohio
- Sandusky Register of Sandusky, Ohio
- Tiffin Advertiser Tribune of Tiffin, Ohio
- Warren Tribune Chronicle of Warren, Ohio
- The Vindicator of Youngstown, Ohio
- Altoona Mirror of Altoona, Pennsylvania
- Lewistown Sentinel of Lewistown, Pennsylvania
- Lock Haven Express of Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
- Observer-Reporter of Washington, Pennsylvania
- Warren Times Observer of Warren, Pennsylvania
- Williamsport Sun-Gazette of Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- The Herald-Standard of Uniontown, Pennsylvania
- Northern Virginia Daily of Strasburg, Virginia
- Daily News-Record of Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Winchester Star of Winchester, Virginia
- The Inter-Mountain of Elkins, West Virginia
- The Journal of Martinsburg, West Virginia
- The Parkersburg News and Sentinel of Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Weirton Daily Times of Weirton, West Virginia
- Wheeling Intelligencer of Wheeling, West Virginia
- The Shepherdstown Chronicle of Shepherdstown, West Virginia
- The Wetzel Chronicle of New Martinsville, West Virginia
- The Tyler Star News of Sistersville, West Virginia
- Ogden Newspapers, Inc. Hoover's Profile, accessed April 25, 2010.
- "Ogden Newspapers Inc. (ONI)". oweb.com. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "The Ogden Newspapers, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- "Ogden Newspapers, Inc.: quotes & news - Google Finance". google.com. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Doonesbury comic strip axed by conservative newspapers". news. Lodi News-Sentinel (14, 193). Lodi, California. United Press International. October 19, 1984. p. 5. Retrieved August 25, 2021 – via Google News Archive.
- "WV MetroNews – Ogden out as Gazette-Mail bidder, leaving Herald-Dispatch". wvmetronews.com. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- Ogden Newspapers Inc. (ONI) - magazines webpage. Retrieved 2021-July-20.
- "Ogden Names Bartoldson As DN-R Publisher". Daily News-Record. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- The Winchester Star, Regional native Gochenour named publisher of The Star, retrieved April 5, 2018