Kiari Kendrell Cephus (born December 14, 1991), known professionally as Offset, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter from Lawrenceville, Georgia. He is a member of the hip hop and trap music trio Migos, alongside cousins Takeoff and Quavo. He is also an investor in E-sports organization FaZe Clan.
Offset performing in 2017
Kiari Kendrell Cephus
December 14, 1991
Lawrenceville, Georgia, U.S.
Cardi B (m. 2017)
The members of Migos were raised middle-class in suburban Gwinnett County, Georgia. In 2008, Offset formed Migos with Quavo and Takeoff. Offset is Quavo's cousin, and Quavo is Takeoff's uncle. The three grew up together in Gwinnett County, a mostly suburban area near Atlanta.
Migos initially gained recognition following the release of their 2013 single "Versace". In 2015, the trio released their debut studio album Yung Rich Nation. In 2017, their single "Bad and Boujee" became an Internet phenomenon, spawning a large number of memes with the lyrics "rain drop, drop top", which were performed by Offset. The song peaked at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, with many critics believing Offset commanded[clarification needed] the track. In 2017, the trio released their second studio album, Culture, which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart.
In addition to Migos, Offset has released solo music and collaborated with numerous artists. In June 2017, he was featured on Metro Boomin's single "No Complaints" alongside Drake, which peaked at number 71 on the Billboard Hot 100, and in September he joined Macklemore on the song "Willy Wonka", from the album Gemini. Offset would eventually release a collaborative studio album with rapper 21 Savage and record producer Metro Boomin titled, Without Warning. The album was released on October 31, 2017 and debuted at number 4 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It spawned the hit song "Ric Flair Drip", Offset's first solo platinum single, and highest charting US Billboard Hot 100 entry to date. On February 22, 2019, he released his first solo album Father of 4.
In 2016, Offset (including Migos) appeared in an episode of Donald Glover's series Atlanta. The episode aired on September 13, 2016 under the title "Go For Broke". He has also starred in campaigns for the fashion designers Gosha Rubchinskiy, Bryce Barnes, and Lavati.
In August 2019, it was announced that Offset invested in E-sports organization FaZe Clan. Commenting on the investment he said "I love gaming and esports is the future” said Cephus in a release, “These two facts make it only right that I be a part of the biggest esports organization with some of the best players in the world." He appeared in two FaZe Clan videos on YouTube.
In January 2018, Offset was criticized for rapping a line that includes the lyrics "I cannot vibe with queers" in his feature on YFN Lucci's Boss Life. After the lyric was understood as homophobic he apologized saying he did not intend for his use of the term "queer" to be directed at the LGBT community. His wife, Cardi B, said that Offset did not know the term "queer" had a homophobic history. He has mentioned that he assumed the lyric was using the definition of "queer" that is defined as eccentric and odd.
In 2017, Offset started dating American rapper Cardi B. On October 27, 2017, he proposed to her at a live performance at Power 99's Powerhouse in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. On April 7, 2018, Cardi B revealed on Saturday Night Live that the two were expecting a baby.
When Migos first rose to prominence in 2013, Offset was incarcerated in Georgia's Dekalb County jail for violating his probation that he had received due to prior felony convictions for burglary and theft.
On April 18, 2015, authorities stopped a Migos concert at Georgia Southern University and arrested all three members of the group, as well as several members of their entourage. Offset was denied bond and was charged with possession of an unspecified Schedule II narcotic, possession of marijuana, possession of a firearm in a school safety zone and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
On May 2, 2015, Offset, while in custody, was charged with battery and inciting a riot within a penal facility after attacking another inmate, causing severe injury. In a bond hearing before Bulloch County Superior Court Judge John R. Turner on May 8, 2015, Offset was formally denied bond based on his prior criminal record as well as the jail fight. During the hearing, two members of Migos' entourage were also denied bonds while four others were granted bonds and were barred from returning to Bulloch County as a condition of their release. Judge Turner directed the four who were released not to make contact with anyone involved in the case. Offset's attorney argued that the rap trio were unfairly profiled by law enforcement and that officers had failed to prove ownership of the firearms and illicit drugs found within the two vans. The prosecution responded that law enforcement were present at the concert for the safety of the students and public at-large due to Migos' history of violence. Upon hearing the decision, Offset shouted profanities as he was escorted out of the courtroom.
After eight months in custody, Offset was released on December 4, 2015, after accepting an Alford plea deal. The deal dropped the gun, drug, and gang-related charges in exchange for pleading guilty to inciting a riot within a penal facility, paying a $1,000 fine, serving five years probation, and being banished from Bulloch, Effingham, Jenkins, and Screven Counties.
On March 17, 2016, Offset was arrested for driving with a suspended license but was released the next day without having charges filed.
Additionally, on April 5, 2018, Migos' tour bus was pulled over on a traffic violation in North Carolina. Officers searched their tour bus and found 420 grams of marijuana, 26 ounces of codeine and xanax. The group members were not arrested, Offset was not in attendance, but members of their entourage were. 
On April 23, 2019, Offset faced a felony charge for possession of three handguns and the possession of drugs from a previous arrest in July 2018. The news of the charges made their way to several social media platforms, including TheShadeRoom, and resulted in his wife, Cardi B, expressing her anger and how they fail to show the artist and his cohorts positive accomplishments.
- Father of 4 (2019)
- "Migos: Young, Rich and Outrunning Trouble". Rolling Stone. June 24, 2015. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Migos' "Bad and Boujee" Gets Turned Into Memes". XXL. December 28, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Migos' 'Bad and Boujee,' Featuring Lil Uzi Vert, Tops Hot 100". Billboard. January 9, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Best Songs of 2016". Pigeons & Planes. December 19, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "The Brain-Conquering Majesty Of Migos' "Bad & Boujee"". Stereogum. January 4, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Migos Scores First #1 Album With "Culture"". HipHopDX. February 6, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Migos Have No Plans to Drop Solo Projects". XXL. May 24, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "No Complaints (feat. Offset & Drake) - Single by Metro Boomin". iTunes. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- "Gemini by Macklemore on Apple Music". iTunes. September 22, 2017. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- "Offset, 21 Savage & Metro Boomin' Dropping "Without Warning" Album Tonight". HotNewHipHop. October 30, 2017. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- "Offset - Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- "Offset Earns First Solo Platinum Single with "Ric Flair Drip"". HotNewHipHop.
- "Offset Chart History". Billboard.
- "Offset Announces Solo Album Release Date". Spin. February 10, 2019. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Quavo Steals The Show On Donald Glover's 'Atlanta'". The Source. September 15, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Migos's Offset Flaunts His Ink and Style in 2016 Fall/Winter Gosha Rubchinskiy Editorial". Hypebeast. September 9, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Migos' Offset Features in Bryce Barnes' 2016 Fall/Winter Editorial". Hypebeast. December 20, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- "Offset Is The Face Of Footwear Brand Lavati's Second Footwear Campaign". The Source. June 5, 2017. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- ViralStat | Offset Screams Like Ric Flair While Eating Spicy Wings Hot Ones [Video Statistics], retrieved March 29, 2019
- "American Rapper Offset Makes Investment in FaZe Clan". esportsobserver.com. Retrieved August 17, 2019.
- FaZe Clan: Who Can Punch the Hardest Challenge ft. Offset, retrieved September 16, 2019
- CRAZY WHATS IN THE BOX CHALLENGE ft. OFFSET, retrieved September 7, 2019
- "Boss Life (feat. Offset) - Single by YFN Lucci". Apple Music. December 15, 2017. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "Watch Cardi B Defend Migos' Offset Over Homophobic Lyric Controversy". Billboard. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Offset Apologizes for Homophobic Lyric - XXL". XXL Mag. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- DiMeglio, Mary J. (April 8, 2018). "Cardi B Reveals Pregnancy in 'SNL' Performance". Billboard. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- "Offset Admits He Has Another Son in Court Documents - XXL". XXL Mag.
- News, ABC. "Cardi B announces birth of daughter on Instagram". Archived from the original on July 13, 2018. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- "Cardi B and Offset's Relationship: A Timeline". Billboard.
- Whittum, Connor (June 25, 2018). "Cardi B Confirms Secret Marriage to Offset: 'There Are Some Moments I Want to Keep for Myself'". Billboard. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Merrett, Robyn; Sands, Nicole. "Cardi B Says She and Husband Offset Are Not Together Anymore: 'I Guess We Fell Out of Love'". People. People. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Offset of the Migos Denied Bond After Georgia Southern University Arrest. XXL.
- Saxon, Holli. "Migos rapper charged in Bulloch County Jail fight". Statesboro Herald. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015. Retrieved May 6, 2015.
- Saxon, Holli. "UPDATE: Bond denial angers Migos rapper". Statesboro Herald. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- "Plea deals keep rap group Migos out of jail". WSB-TV. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- Legaspi, Althea (March 17, 2016). "Migos' Offset Arrested for Suspended License". Rolling Stone. Retrieved July 9, 2017.
- "Three Members of Migos' Entourage Arrested After Police Find Drugs on Tour Bus". Billboard. April 6, 2018.
- "Cardi B husband Offset hit with felony gun charge in Georgia traffic stop arrest: report". Fox News. April 23, 2019. Retrieved April 23, 2019.
- Tracy, Brianne (April 23, 2019). "Cardi B's Husband Offset Charged with Felony Possession of a Firearm Stemming from His 2018 Arrest". People. Retrieved April 23, 2019.
- Cissé, Aida (April 23, 2019). "Cardi B Drags The Shade Room For Posting Negatively In New Rant". Hot New Hip Hop. Retrieved April 23, 2019.