|Written by||Mort Briskin|
|Directed by||Paul Guilfoyle|
|Presented by||Everett Sloane|
|Theme music composer||Jack Shaindlin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||40|
|Running time||25 mins.|
|Production companies||Desilu Productions|
National Telefilm Associates
|Distributor||National Telefilm Associates|
|Original release||1957 –|
March 19, 1958
The series was written and produced by Mort Briskin for Desilu Productions and National Telefilm Associates in cooperation with Official Detective magazine. Around 40 episodes were produced, and these aired on the NTA Film Network between July 1957 and April 1958. Producer Mort Briskin would go on to produce other series for NTA and Desilu. The episodes of Official Detective are archived at the UCLA Film and Television Archive in Los Angeles.
- McNeil, Alex (1996). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- "Desilu sets pilot for NTA". The Billboard. 1 December 1956. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- "Official Detective (Synd.)". The Billboard. 30 September 1957. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- Official Detective. Classic TV Archive
- UCLA Library Catalog. UCLA Library. Retrieved 2009-08-22.