Office of the President of the Philippines
The Office of the President (OP) is an administrative, advisory, consultative government agency which aids the President of the Philippines in performing their duty as head of state and chief of the executive branch of government.
|Office of the President of the Philippines|
|Tanggapan ng Pangulo ng Pilipinas|
March 22, 1897
Issue date of establishing order:
|Country||Republic of the Philippines|
|Responsible to||President of the Philippines|
|Annual budget||₱6.031 billion (2018)|
|Headquarters||Malacañang Palace, San Miguel, Manila|
The Office of the President (OP) was created through Administrative Order No. 322, s. 1997. The order was issued following the submission of position papers by the officials of the Department of History of the University of the Philippines, and the Board of National Historical Institute which conducted deliberations and consultations in four meetings held at the Malacañang Palace from May 5 to June 25, 1997.
The order established the office retroactively to the date of the date of the Tejeros Convention. The convention was held on March 22, 1897, which saw the election of Emilio Aguinaldo as President of the Revolutionary Government of the Philippines.
The Office of the President's mandate is to provide administrative, advisory, consultative and other support services to the President in the latter’s exercise of their powers and functions as Head of State and of the Executive Branch.
The executive powers of the President under the 1987 Constitution from which the Office of the President mandate emanates, includes among others the President’s power of control over all the executive departments, bureaus and offices, and the chief executive departments, bureaus and offices, and the Chief Executive’s Constitutional duty to ensure that the laws are faithfully executed. Based on said executive powers of the President, the OP proper would perform the following core functions:
- Respond to the specific needs and requirements of the President to achieve the purposes and objectives of the Office and the other agencies under it which include those under the chairmanship of the President, those under the supervision and control of the President, those under the supervision and control/administrative supervision of the OP, those attached to it for policy and program coordination, and those not placed by law or order creating them under any special department
- Provide advisory or consultative services to the President in such fields and under such conditions as the President may determine
- Provide technical and administrative support on matters concerning development and management, general government administration and internal administration
- Provide direct services to the President and, for this purpose, attend to functions and matters that are personal and pertain to the First Family.
- Authority of the Freeport Area of Bataan (AFAB)
- Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA)
- Cagayan Special Economic Zone (CSEZ)
- Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Commission on the Filipino Language (CFL/KWF)
- Cooperative Development Authority (CDA)
- Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP)
- Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB)
- Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP)
- National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP)
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
- Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA)
- Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB)
- National Anti-Poverty Commission (NAPC)
- National Archives of the Philippines (NAP)
- National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
- National Commission of Senior Citizens (NCSC)
- National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA)
- National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA)
- National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA)
- National Museum of the Philippines (NM)
- National Security Council (NSC)
- Optical Media Board (OMB)
- Pasig River Rehabilitation Commission (PRRC)
- Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)
- Philippine Competition Commission (PCC)
- Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)
- Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost)
- Philippine Reclamation Authority (PRA)
- Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA)
- Philippine Sports Commission (PSC)
- Presidential Security Group (PSG)
- Sentro Rizal
- Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA)
- Parocha, Azer (22 August 2017). "OP, OVP 2018 budgets get Senate approval". Philippine News Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Contact Us". Office of the President (Philippines). Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "OP History". Office of the President (Philippines). Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "The Executive Branch". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Duterte's first EO: Restructure Office of the President". 4 July 2016. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Mandate and Functions". Office of the President (Philippines). Retrieved 9 November 2017.