Odnes is a village in Søndre Land Municipality in Innlandet county, Norway. The village is located on the north side of the Randsfjorden along County Road 33 and it is named after the nearby Odnes farm. The village lies about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) to the southeast of the village of Dokka and about 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi) to the northwest of the village of Fluberg.
|Coordinates: 60°48′09″N 10°10′47″E / 60.8025°N 10.17975°ECoordinates: 60°48′09″N 10°10′47″E / 60.8025°N 10.17975°E|
|Municipality||Søndre Land Municipality|
|Elevation||167 m (548 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Odnes is known for the large Odnes ski jump (Norwegian: Odnesbakken or Flubergbakken), which was dismantled in 2008 after much discussion. Birger Ruud set the world record in ski jumping here in 1931, jumping 76.5 metres (251 ft), and Johanna Kolstad set the women's world record at 46.5 metres (153 ft) the same year. Merete Kristiansen set the world record at 111 metres (364 ft) in 1989.
- ^ "Odnes, Søndre Land". yr.no. Retrieved 9 October 2022.
- ^ a b Bryhn, Rolf, ed. (16 December 2019). "Odnesbakken". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 9 October 2022.
- ^ Emery, David; Greenberg, Stan (1986). The World Sports Record Atlas. New York: Facts on File. p. 115.
- ^ "The History of Ladies Ski Jumping". Ski Jumping Hill Archive. 9 March 2008.
- ^ "Odnes Ski Senter". Ski Jumping Hill Archive.