Odisha Premier League
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logo of the Odisha Premier League
|Headquarters||Cuttack, Odisha, India|
|Tournament format||Double round-robin and Knockout|
|Number of teams||10|
|Current champion||2011-Western SamuraiRourkela|
|Most successful||Western Samurai Rourkela(1 Title)|
|Most runs||Subit Biswal (351, Jagatsinghpur Spark)|
|Most wickets||Bibhudutta Panda (17, Katak Barabati Tigers)|
|Website||Odisha Premiere League|
|2011 Odisha Premier League|
OCA has fixed the base price of each team at Rs 4 lakh. The last date for putting the bidding papers was fixed on 9 May and the bidding process would start from May13.
The semifinal and final matches are scheduled at the Barabati Stadium, Cuttack. Other matches will be held at Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Brahmapur, Keonjhar, Angul, Jharsuguda, Puri. and Kendrapada.
The owners of the teams would be allowed to purchase at least 20 players, ten of whom shall be from the selected venues and its adjacent areas. The OCA has identified a total of 341 graded players for the OPL tournament to be conducted for the first time from 22 May to 12 June.
These players have been divided into five grades according to their ranking and experience. Among them, 50 players of State Ranji Trophy, Vijay Hazare Trophy (One-day) and Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (T-20) teams have been given Grade A. Fifteen players of the State under-22 team have been placed in Grade B. Grade C has been constituted with 34 under-19 and 20 former State cricketers.
Forty players belonging to State under-16 teams have been put in Grade D. And as many as 182 players belonging to 34 catchment areas of different teams have been placed in Grade E. They include 16 from Bhubaneswar; 11 each from Cuttack and Rourkela; nine from Kendrapada, eight each from Jajpur and Puri and seven each from Sambalpur, Sundargarh, Angul, Baleswar, Deogarh, Ganjam and Jagatsinghpur.
While six are from Bhadrak; five each are from Bolangir, Gajapati, Kalahandi, Koraput, Mayurbhanj, Nayagarh and Paradeep. Four each are from Dhenkanal and Keonjhar; three each from Sonepur, Jharsuguda, Malkangiri and Phulbani; two each from Bargarh, East Coast Railway, Khurda, Nabarangpur and Rayagada and one each from Boudh and Nuapada.
The base price of players has been fixed at `60,000 for Grade A, `40,000 for Grade B, `30,000 for Grade C, `20,000 for Grade D and `10,000 for Grade E.
The inaugural season of the tournament started on 2011. The final was played in Barabati Stadium, Cuttack, Odisha. Every team played each other both at home and away in a round-robin system. The top four ranking sides progressed to the knockout stage of semi-finals followed by a final. Western samurai, defeated Barabati Tigers in a thriller and emerged as the inaugural OPL champions.
|Jagatsinghpur Sparks||2011 – present||8||5||3||0|
|Western Samurais (Rourkela)||2011 – present||8||6||1||1||Champion (1Time)|
|Angul Tuskers||2011 – present||8||4||4||0|
|Puri Emperors||2011 – present||8||3||4||1|
|Bramhapur Bhanjaveers||2011 – present||8||1||7||0|
|Katak Barabati Tigers||2011 – present||8||7||1||0||Runners up (1Time)|
|Baleswar Baghas||2011 – present||8||5||2||1||4th place|
|Cooperative Kings Dhenkanal||2011 – present||8||3||5||0|
|Bhubaneswar Jaguars||2011 – present||8||1||5||2|
|Kasvi Power Rangers Kendujhar||2011 – present||8||2||5||1|
The second edition of the Odisha Premier League (OPL) has been cancelled this year following lack of enthusiasm on part of the franchise owners.
After long wating of cricket fan of Odisha the OPL-II will be start with some new rule and regulation with 8 team with their new name. OPL-II will be unveiled with an entertainment-packed ceremony at the floodlit Barabati Stadium, Cuttack on 1 May.Following the gala opening ceremony of the second edition of OPL, matches will commence at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack and Veer Surendra Sai Stadium Sambalpur
- Altogether eight teams will compete in the OPL-II.
- Teams have been divided into two groups with Barabati, Dhauli, Baitarani, Subarnarekha forming Group-A, while Konark, Chilika, Mahanadi, Rushikulya constituting Group-B.
- Group-A matches will be played at Barabati Stadium, Cuttack, while Group-B matches will take place at Veer Surendra Sai Stadium, Sambalpur.
- At both the venues, the first match will be played from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm and second from 7.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
- Arrangements have been made for live telecast of OPL matches by national and local TV Channels.
- The OPL-II will involve a total of 176 players, who have been placed in five grades.
- There will be 32 players each in Grade A, B, C; 40 in Grade D and 24 in Grade E.
- Payment for graded players has been fixed as Grade-A: Rs 50,000, Grade-B Rs 40,000, Grade-C Rs 30,000, Grade-D Rs 20,000 and Grade-E Rs 10,000.
- Teams will play matches on double-league basis after being divided into two groups and the top two teams from each group will qualify for semifinals.
- Both the semifinals and the final will be played at Barabati Stadium.
- The champions of OPL-II will get cash a cash prize of Rs 3 lakhs, while the runners-up will take home Rs 2 lakhs.
- The third-placed team will be richer by Rs 1 Lakh, while the Man of the Tournament will pocket Rs 25,000.
Franchises in OPL 2011Edit
|Team Name||City||Owner||Captain||Head Coach|
|Balasore Baghas||Balasore||SV Infra indiaPvt.ltd, BBSR||Subhrajit Sahoo||Sashanka Sekhar Das|
|Bhubaneswar Jaguars||Bhubaneswar||LG Infrastructure PvtLtd, BBSR|
|KashviPower Rangers||Keonjhar||Kashvi Power & Steel Pvt. Ltd., BBSR|
|JagatsingPur Spark||Jagatsingpur||Arindam Sarkhal, Paradeep|
|Cooperative Kings||Dhenkanal||T.Prasad Rao Dora, BBSR|
|Puri Emperors||Puri||Orisons Overseas Pvt. Ltd., BBSR|
|Sarthak Terrific Titans||Berhampur||Naga Power Ltd, Cuttack||Sarthak Nayak||NAgarjun Sahoo|
|Bhanja Veers||Brahmapur||Infocity Life Style Pvt Ltd, BBSR|
|Angul Tuskers||Angul||Bikash Swain, BBSR|
|Western Samurai||Rourkela||Maa Banbhori Mineral Limited, Rourkela|