Occupy Rochester NY
Occupy Rochester NY was a collaboration that has included an Occupy movement encampment in Washington Square Park in Rochester, New York. The occupiers were initially given citations and arrested for violating park regulations. On November 10, 2011, however, they reached agreement with the city to camp in the south half of the park until mid January 2012. The agreement was due the work between Ryan Acuff, and John Smigle.  Note that there is also a separate Occupy Rochester MN.
As of June 2012, Occupy Rochester (NY) had continued to engage in organized meetings, events and actions.
In addition to the encampment, they have been active in other local causes. These include:
- "New York Civil Liberties Union steps up for Occupy Rochester." Daily Record [Rochester, NY] 3 Nov. 2011. General OneFile. Web. 28 Nov. 2011.
- Melissa Daniels, Inside Occupy Rochester: The people and their message”, Messenger Post, November 17, 2011 Archived January 3, 2013, at Archive.is
- Paul Warren, “Occupy movement makes its mark in the Upper Midwest”, Workday Minnesota, 8 November 2011
- "Occupy Rochester". Occupyrochester.org. Archived from the original on March 6, 2012. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Jim Mandelaro, “Protesters show support for family facing eviction”, Democrat and Chronicle, 15 November 2011.
- Lynette Adams, “Occupy Rochester rallies to save School No. 6 from closure”, WHEC, November 21, 2011
- Associated Press (October 31, 2011). "In Rochester, police issue tickets to Occupy protesters". The Post-Standard (Syracuse, NY). Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Etshman, Todd (March 2, 2012). "City: Occupy Rochester encampment must end". [The Daily Record (New York). Retrieved March 3, 2012. (subscription required)