Occupy Berlin was a collaboration in Berlin, Germany that has included peaceful protests and demonstrations against unregulated financial markets and other alleged social injustices. It began as a part of the 15 October 2011 global protests. The protest began in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York, United States. It has established three encampments: outside the church Parochialkirche, in Boxhagener Platz and the biggest one on the Bundespressestrand.
|Part of the Occupy movement|
|Date||15 October 2011 – 2012|
|Caused by||Economic inequality, corporate influence over government|
|Methods||Demonstration, occupation, protest, street protesters|
Occupy Berlin cooperates with similar movements throughout Germany, most notably from Frankfurt and Hamburg.
As of June 2012, Occupy Berlin had continued to engage in organized meetings, events and actions.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
- (October 15, 2011.) Occupy-Bewegung Berlin - Bürger, lass das Glotzen sein! - Politik - sueddeutsche.de
- (in German) (November 14, 2011.) "Occupy" activists occupy Federal Press beach." Berliner Morgenpost. Accessed November 2011.
- "#Occupy Berlin". occupyberlin.info. Occupy Berlin. Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Occupy Berlin activist group homepage
- AG Internationale Vernetzung homepage
- Occupy Berlin network and livestream