Oakland Community College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Oakland Community College (OCC) is a community college established June 8, 1964 in Oakland County, Michigan. With five campuses, it is the largest community college in Michigan and one of the largest in the U.S. The district headquarters are in Bloomfield Hills.
|Motto||Open the future.|
|Chancellor||Dr. Timothy R. Meyer|
|Students||Almost 82,000 students in the four semesters of 2011|
|Location||Oakland County, Michigan, United States|
District Office, Bloomfield Hills, MIHighland Lakes Campus in Waterford, MI; Auburn Hills Campus in Auburn Hills, MI; Orchard Ridge Campus in Farmington Hills, MI; Royal Oak Campus in Royal Oak, MI and Southfield Campus in Southfield, MI
|Colors||Green and White|
The college opened in September 1965 with two campuses - Highland Lakes, a renovated hospital in Waterford and Auburn Hills, a former Army Nike missile site in Auburn Hills. In September 1967, the Orchard Ridge Campus opened in Farmington Hills. In 1980, a new campus opened in Southfield that replaced a temporary location in Oak Park. Later, the Southeast Campus System expanded through the purchase and remodeling of buildings at a site in Royal Oak. The Royal Oak buildings were replaced by a new campus complex which opened in the fall of 1982.
The OCC athletic teams are known as the Raiders and compete in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA). Men's varsity sports include basketball, cross-country, and golf; women's varsity sports include basketball, cross-country, softball, tennis, and volleyball; men's club sports include soccer. OCC also has a competitive speech and performance team (the forensics team) that has had both State and National champions.
- WORB - Defunct Radio Station
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Oakland CC Fast Facts". Retrieved 2006-11-05.
- "Bloomfield Township Street Map." (Archived 2013-07-30 at WebCite) Bloomfield Township, Oakland County. Retrieved on July 30, 2013.
- "Campuses." Oakland Community College. Retrieved on June 20, 2015.
- "Page Not Found - Oakland Community College". www.oaklandcc.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Myles Jury UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Gun Enthusiast Ted Nugent Wasn't Anxious To Bear Arms Against Those Pesky Vietcong". The Smoking Gun. 12 February 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "JEM TARGAL Bass Player Artist legendary lover". www.kurtbrowne.com. Retrieved 16 April 2018.