O' Donnell Park (Irish: Páirc Uí Dhomhnaill) is a GAA stadium in County Donegal, Ireland. The home ground of the Naomh Adhamhnáin club, it is situated between the Letterkenny Regional Sports and Leisure Complex and Ballymacool Park on the outskirts of the town. The Donegal senior inter-county football team uses O'Donnell Park as a venue for matches.
Páirc Uí Dhomhnaill
|Location||Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland|
|Public transit||Letterkenny bus station|
The ground has hosted Gaelic games since the 1930s when CLG Naomh Adhamhnáin bought the land for £300. The ground opened on Sunday 2 May 1937, with the Bishop of Raphoe's blessing of the park, a hurling match between Donegal and Antrim, an address from GAA President Bob O'Keeffe and a football match between Donegal and Armagh.
During the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2006, the ground was used as a makeshift campsite for visitors to the town for the duration of the festival. On 11 November 2008, CLG Naomh Adhamhnáin confirmed that it had completed the purchase of 14.5 acres (59,000 m2) of land adjoining O'Donnell Park, which it intended to develop over the coming years into additional pitches for the club.
On 25 March 2007, O'Donnell Park hosted its first inter-county football match in three decades when Donegal beat Kerry by 1-15 to 0-13 in the National Football League. There was a half-hour delay after the Kerry team were unable to arrive on time due to fog at the airport. The match was broadcast live on TG4.
On 8 March 2015, it hosted Monaghan's defeat of Donegal in the NFL Division 1.
On 13 March 2016, it hosted Roscommon's defeat of Donegal in the NFL Division 1.
On 5 February 2017, it hosted Kerry's defeat of Donegal in the opening round of NFL Division 1.
On 4 February 2018, it hosted Galway's defeat of Donegal in the NFL Division 1.
On 24 February 2019, it hosted Fermanaghs defeat of Donegal in the NFL Division 2. Final Score 0-13 to 0-10.
- "Opening of O'Donnell Park". St. Eunan's website. Archived from the original on 2015-04-12.
- "Letterkenny Town Council: St Eunans GAA club, O'Donnell Park". Archived from the original on 2007-11-19. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- "St Eunan's club complete purchase of 14.5 acre site". Donegal Democrat. 14 October 2008. Archived from the original on 24 July 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2008.
- "Stars to bring Sam Maguire to world record attempt at O'Donnell Park". Donegal Daily. 28 September 2012. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- "Donegal News: Donegal beat Kerry".[permanent dead link]
- "Return of NFL to O'Donnell Park". Archived from the original on 2008-04-13.
- "Donegal 0-10 Derry 0-15". RTÉ Sport.
- "Donegal 0-10 0-15 Derry". BBC Sport.
- "Derry set up final meeting with Kerry".
- "Monaghan grind out result in dour encounter". RTÉ Sport. 8 March 2015. Retrieved 8 March 2015.
- Campbell, Peter (13 March 2016). "Rossies signal greater intent after win over Donegal". RTÉ Sport. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- Foley, Alan (5 February 2017). "Geaney at the double as Kerry achieve first opening round league win under Fitzmaurice". Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Foley, Alan (4 February 2018). "Last-gasp Galway snatch victory in Donegal to make it two from two". Retrieved 4 February 2018.
|This Gaelic games grounds article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Irish sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|