The Nxuba Wind Power Station is an operational 140 MW (190,000 hp) wind power plant in South Africa. The power station was developed and is owned by Enel Green Power, an IPP and subsidiary of the Italian multinational, ENEL. The energy generated at this wind farm is sold to the South African national electricity utility company Eskom, under a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
|Nxuba Wind Power Station|
Eastern Cape Province
|Commission date||27 October 2020|
|Construction cost||€240 million|
|Owner(s)||Enel Green Power|
|Nameplate capacity||140 MW|
|Annual net output||460 GWh|
The power station is located near the town of Bedford, in Raymond Mhlaba Municipality, in Amathole District, in Eastern Cape Province. Nxuba Wind farm is located approximately 19 kilometres (12 mi), southwest of Bedford. The power station is located about 76.5 kilometres (48 mi) west of Fort Beaufort, the headquarters of Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality. This is approximately 268 kilometres (167 mi), west of the city of East London, the district headquarters. The geographical coordinates of Nxuba Wind Farm are 32°44'30.0"S, 25°56'47.0"E (Latitude:-32.741667; Longitude:25.946389).
Nxuba Wind Power Station is one of five wind park concessions awarded to Enel Green Power, under the South African government's Renewable Energy Supply Programme (REIPPP). The other four wind farms are (a) Oyster Bay Wind Power Station (b) Garob Wind Power Station (c) Karusa Wind Power Station and (d) Soetwater Wind Power Station. Each wind farm has installed capacity of between 140 MW and 147 MW.
The construction of the five wind farms listed above was budgeted at €1.2 billion. Two South African financial houses, Absa Group and Nedbank Group jointly lent €950 million (79.17 percent) towards the five power stations. Enel Green Power contributed €250 million (20.83 percent) as equity.
Other considerations Edit
See also Edit
- Inès Magoum (2 November 2020). "South Africa: Enel Green Power inaugurates its 140 MW Nxuba wind farm". Afrik21.africa. Paris, France. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- Patrick Mulyungi (14 August 2021). "Nxuba wind farm in Eastern Cape Province, South Africa, goes online". Construction Review Online. Nairobi, Kenya. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- Google (12 October 2021). "Road Distance Between Bedford, Eastern Cape And Nxuba Wind Power Station" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- Google (12 October 2021). "Road Distance Between Fort Beaufort, South Africa And Nxuba Wind Farm" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- Google (12 October 2021). "Road Distance Between East London, Eastern Cape And Nxuba Wind Farm" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- Google (12 October 2021). "Location of Nxuba Wind Power Station" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- Nxuba wind farm ready for energy generation As of 27 October 2020.