Nude Ants is a live album by American pianist Keith Jarrett which was released on the ECM label in 1980. It was recorded at a live performance by Jarrett's 'European Quartet', featuring Jan Garbarek, Palle Danielsson and Jon Christensen, at the Village Vanguard in New York City in May 1979. The title of the album is a play on the phrase "New Dance", which is the title of the penultimate song.
|Live album by|
|Keith Jarrett chronology|
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4½ stars, stating, "The pianist very much dominates the music but Garbarek's unique floating tone on his instruments and the subtle accompaniment by Danielsson and Christensen are also noteworthy.". The album is a persuasive illustration of Jarrett's typically refined work with European classical and folk music influences.
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "Chant of the Soil" - 17:13
- "Innocence" - 8:15
- "Processional" - 20:33
- "Oasis" - 30:35
- "New Dance" - 12:57
- "Sunshine Song" - 12:03
All compositions by Keith Jarrett.
- Recorded at the Village Vanguard, NYC in May 1979
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed September 12, 2011
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 769. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 112. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.