Notre Dame Preparatory School (Fitchburg, Massachusetts)
Notre Dame Preparatory School is a small coeducational, private school established in 1952. It is located one hour from Boston.
The population of the school is average 32–42 students. It is a small sized boarding and day school. The school is primarily known for its basketball program which has developed college and professional players as well as a private college prep school.
- Steven Adams (1993–) center drafted by the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the 2013 NBA draft picked no.12.
- Michael Beasley (1989–) forward for the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team.
- Will Blalock (1983–) Point guard with the Reno Bighorns of the NBA D-League
- Derrick Caracter (1988–) power forward/center for Bnei Herzliya in Israel. Transferred to Notre Dame during his junior year.
- Marcus Douthit (1999) Forward-Center who played for the Providence Friars. Douthit was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2004 NBA Draft.
- Kim English – Detroit Pistons shooting guard
- Ryan Gomes (1982–) Basketball player currently with the Artland Dragons of the Basketball Bundesliga.
- Paul Harris (1986) – Basketball player for Syracuse University.
- Lazar Hayward (1986–) American basketball player who played three seasons in the NBA.
- Shawn James – professional basketball player for Maccabi Tel Aviv
- Chester Frazier - current assistant basketball coach at Kansas State
- Sean Kilpatrick - former Cincinnati Bearcat and current shooting guard for the Chicago Bulls
- Michael Rabinovich
- NDPS. "Notre Dame Preparatory School in Fitchburg, Ma". Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- Goodman, Jeff. "Heralded recruit struggles with expectations", USA Today, November 16, 2005. Accessed November 30, 2007.
- "Former Friar Marcus Douthit selected in the NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Lakers". Providence College Official Athletics Site – Men's Basketball. Retrieved June 18, 2010.