Nothin' but the Taillights (song)
"Nothin' but The Taillights" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Clint Black. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. It was released in January 1998 as the third single and title track from his album of the same name. The song was written by Black and Steve Wariner.
|"Nothin' but the Taillights"|
|Single by Clint Black|
|from the album Nothin' but the Taillights|
|B-side||"Cadillac Jack Fever"|
|Released||January 27, 1998|
|Songwriter(s)||Clint Black, Steve Wariner|
|Producer(s)||James Stroud, Clint Black|
|Clint Black singles chronology|
The song is an uptempo, in which the narrator is on the side of the road after being left by his lover. She drives his pickup truck away down the Kentucky highway and all he can see is the tail lights.
"Nothin' But The Taillights" debuted at number 43 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in mid-January 1998, and quickly climbed to Number One in March, where it held for two weeks. This single became Black's eleventh number-one single, twenty-sixth Top Ten single, and twenty-seventh Top Twenty single.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||16|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||30|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||14|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 46.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3492." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 23, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Clint Black Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Clint Black Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Archived from the original on March 15, 2016. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.