Norwest is a suburb of the Hills District within Greater Western Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia, located 35 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district. The Norwest Business Park is located within Norwest and the adjacent suburb of Bella Vista and Baulkham Hills. The council chambers for The Hills Shire Council are also located within this suburb.
Sydney, New South Wales
|Population||4,688 (SAL 2021)|
|Elevation||92 m (302 ft)|
|LGA(s)||The Hills Shire|
The Geographical Names Board, in June 2018, amended the suburb boundaries of Kellyville, Baulkham Hills, Bella Vista and Rouse Hill resulting in the creation of two new suburbs named North Kellyville and Norwest.
Commercial areas Edit
Norwest Marketplace is a shopping centre featuring a Coles and many specialty stores including McDonald's, Subway, Mad Mex, Oporto, Joey's Pizza & Pasta, small electronic and clothing stores, banks, restaurants and a day care centre.
Residential areas Edit
Norwest features two main residential areas along boundaries of the suburb. Within Norwest, there is a variety of housing including low density housing, townhouses and apartments. Most of the housing within Norwest is close to retail, employment, recreation and transport within the suburb and the neighbouring suburbs of Kellyville, Castle Hill and Baulkham Hills.
The area to the north of the suburb is part of the Balmoral Road release area and is within proximity of roads such as Fairway Drive, Stone Mason Drive and Spurway Drive. This area has a wide range from high rise apartments close to the lake to low density housing to the north of the golf course.
The area to the south of the suburb is located along Barina Downs Road and features mainly low density housing and townhouses, with one apartment complex
Sydney Metro Norwest Station
Norwest, Bella Vista
Windsor Road connects Norwest to Baulkham Hills, Parramatta and Sydney from the eastern end of the suburb. Within the suburb, Norwest Boulevard connects Norwest with Bella Vista, the Westlink M7 and Old Windsor Road, which connects Norwest with other locations such as Penrith, Liverpool and Campbelltown.
Norwest is serviced by Norwest Metro Station which is located on the Northwest line of the Sydney Metro. Opened in 2019, the station links Norwest to locations between Tallawong and Chatswood stations. The line will be extended by 2024 through the City and to Bankstown via the existing Bankstown railway line.
- 613X Bella Vista to the City via M2 Motorway & Lane Cove Tunnel
- 632 Rouse Hill to Pennant Hills via Norwest and Castle Hill
- 660 Castlewood to Parramatta via T-Way
- 662 Castle Hill to Parramatta via Norwest, Bella Vista & the T-Way
- 664 Rouse Hill to Parramatta via Kellyville, Norwest, Bella Vista & the T-Way
- 714 Bella Vista to Seven Hills via Crestwood
- 715 Castle Hill to Seven Hills via Norwest and Bella Vista
- 730 Castle Hill to Blacktown via Norwest, Bella Vista, Glenwood & the T-Way
Places of worship Edit
The Hillsong church is located within Norwest.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 June 2022). "Norwest (Suburb and Locality)". Australian Census 2021 QuickStats. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- "Finalisation of suburb changes" (PDF). The Hills Shire Council. July 2018.
- "Government Gazette of NSW Number 66 Friday, 29 June 2018, see page 106" (PDF). Government Gazette of the state of New South Wales. 29 June 2018.
Suburb Changes – North Kellyville, Norwest & Bella Vista - Hills Shire