A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Northside Hospital is a network of hospitals and medical facilities in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Its specialties include oncology, gynecology, neurology, orthopedic surgery and gastroenterology.
|Location||1000 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta metropolitan area, Georgia, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Georgia|
Northside’s flagship hospital, located in Sandy Springs, opened in 1970. An eight-level patient tower was added in October 2018 to house the hospital’s blood and marrow transplant services. In 1997, Northside Hospital purchased half of R.T. Jones Memorial Hospital in Canton, Georgia and renamed the facility Northside Hospital-Cherokee. Northside Hospital-Cherokee’s location opened in May 2017 and has a staff of 2,000 employees, including 800 physicians.
Northside Hospital purchased Baptist Medical Center in Cumming, Georgia in 2002, which was renamed Northside Hospital-Forsyth. Originally a 41-bed facility, the hospital expanded to 304 beds.[when?]
Northside Hospital’s midtown Atlanta location opened in November 2018. The 169,000-square foot medical office provides services for cancer, sports medicine, diabetes, sleep disorders and other conditions.
- Martin Sinderman (October 28, 2018). "Multiple factors fuel metro Atlanta health care facilities growth". American City Business Journals. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Harriett Hiland (November 24, 1997). "Northside expects more than 13,000 babies this year". American City Business Journals. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Sampson Jenkins (May 15, 2017). "'This is your hospital': Northside Hospital Cherokee officially open". Marietta Daily Journal. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Julie Bryant (October 1, 2002). "Northside Hospital buys Baptist Medical Center for $121.5M". American City Business Journals. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- "Company Overview of Northside Hospital-Forsyth". Bloomberg. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Ellie Hensley (March 2, 2018). "Northside Hospital finishing work on Pill Hill, Midtown towers". American City Business Journals. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Pamela Miller (November 19, 2018). "Northside Hospital opens medical office building in Midtown". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved February 22, 2019.