Northpole is a 2014 American-Canadian Christmas fantasy television film directed by Douglas Barr. It premiered on Hallmark Channel on November 15, 2014, and stars Tiffani Thiessen, Josh Hopkins, Bailee Madison and Max Charles. The film was followed by a sequel Northpole 2: Open for Christmas released in November 2015. Bailee Madison returned to play Clementine the Elf while the lead pair was played by Lori Loughlin and Dermot Mulroney.
|Directed by||Douglas Barr|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Original network||Hallmark Channel|
|Followed by||Northpole: Open for Christmas (2015)|
Northpole, the magical home to Santa (Robert Wagner) and Mrs. Claus (Jill St. John), has grown into a huge city powered by the magic of holiday happiness around the world. Yet as people everywhere get too busy to enjoy festive time together, the city is in trouble. Who can help save the cherished traditions of Christmas? One young boy, Kevin (Max Charles), might have a chance if he can convince his protective mom, Chelsea (Tiffani Thiessen), to rediscover the magic of the season. With a little added help from Kevin's charming teacher Ryan (Josh Hopkins), a mysterious elf-like girl Clementine (Bailee Madison) and a gospel singer named Josephine (Candice Glover), Kevin is determined to bring his mom in on the fun and prove that one small voice can change the hearts of many.
- Tiffani Thiessen as Chelsea Hastings
- Josh Hopkins as Ryan Wilson
- Bailee Madison as Clementine the Elf
- Max Charles as Kevin Hastings
- Candice Glover as Josephine
- Jonathan Potts as Mr. Jenkins
- Richard Fitzpatrick as Ernest "Ernie" Pendleton
- Stefanie Buxton as Clementine's Mom
- Frank Schorpion as Mayor Harold Spencer
- Jill St. John as Mrs. Claus
- Robert Wagner as Santa Claus
Brian Lowry of Variety wrote, "Sweet and inoffensive, one needn't be a complete Grinch to wish the festive doings contained a little more spice and less saccharine." Mary McNamara of the Los Angeles Times wrote, "Northpole may be a cookie-cutter take on Christmas, but it's one with high-quality ingredients." Matt Roush of TV Guide wrote, "It's all very traditional, conventional, satisfying for those who like their schmaltz as concentrated as a double espresso".
- "'Northpole: Open for Christmas' hits Hallmark on Saturday". Daily Herald. November 19, 2015.
- Lowry, Brian (November 14, 2014). "TV Review: Hallmark's 'Northpole'". Variety. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- McNamara, Mary (November 15, 2014). "Review Hallmark's 'Northpole' a sweet reminder of holiday spirit". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- Roush, Matt (November 14, 2014). "Don't Miss The Missing; Christmas Comes Via Northpole". TV Guide. Retrieved October 19, 2015.