Northern Alliance (Myanmar)
The Northern Alliance (Burmese: မြန်မာပြည်မြောက်ပိုင်း မဟာမိတ်တပ်ဖွဲ့; sometimes abbreviated NA-B) is a military coalition in Myanmar composed of four ethnic insurgent groups: the Arakan Army (AA), the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army (MNDAA) and the Ta'ang National Liberation Army (TNLA). Since December 2016, the Northern Alliance has been in fierce military confrontations with the Tatmadaw (Myanmar Armed Forces) in the towns of Muse, Mong Ko, Pang Hseng, Namhkam and Kutkai in Shan State.
မြန်မာပြည်မြောက်ပိုင်း မဟာမိတ်တပ်ဖွဲ့Participant in the internal conflict in Myanmar
|Active||December 2016– present|
|Area of operations||Shan State|
|Battles and war(s)||Internal conflict in Myanmar|
- Vrieze, Paul. "Into Myanmar's Stalled Peace Process Steps China". VOA. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- Lynn, Kyaw Ye. "Curfew imposed after clashes near Myanmar-China border". Anadolu Agency. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Northern Alliance Sets Sights on Next Myanmar Peace Conference". Radio Free Asia. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Burma: Protect Civilians in Northern Fighting". Human Rights Watch. 22 December 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Thompson, Neil (7 March 2018). "Myanmar's Buddhist Rakhine Rebels". The Diplomat. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Kachin rebels see more Myanmar attacks, no hope for peace". Fox News. 28 December 2016. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Tatmadaw, Northern Alliance continue to clash in 2017". 5 January 2017. Retrieved 13 March 2017.