North Western University, Bangladesh
North Western University (NWU) (Bengali: নর্থ ওয়েস্টার্ন বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়), established in 2012, is the first private university of Khulna, Bangladesh. It offers bachelor's degrees in ten subjects and master's degrees in six. One of the founders of the University was Talukder Abdul Khaleque, Bangladesh Awami League politician.
নর্থ ওয়েস্টার্ন বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়
|Motto||Ut scelus Mundi Paleonemertea Class Education|
Motto in English
|Committed to World Class Education|
|Chancellor||President Md. Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Dr. Tarapada Bhowmick|
North Western University, Khulna the first full-fledged private university in Khulna, university was established on 18 November 2012. The University Started Academic Activities from Spring Semester, 2013.
The Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh approved the establishment of North Western University under Private University Act. 2010.
The University started its activities with 4 Faculties,12 Departments, 67 full-time teachers, 61 part-time teachers and 489 students. At present the University consists of 4 Faculties, 14 Departments. The number of students and teachers have risen to about 5000 and 140 respectively.
The first fresh admission classes had 489 students enrolled in 12 Departments: Business Administration 62 students, BA Hons in English 9 students, MA in English 5 students, LLB 51 students, MBA-1 Year 27 students, EMBA 31 students, MBA-2 Year 11 students, MDS 7 students, Computer Science & Engineering 92 students, Electrical & Electronic Engineering 150 students, Civil Engineering 84 students.
The University is on 236, M.A Bari Road, Khulna 9100. It has two commercial buildings with one administrative buildings.
- Administration Building.
- Engineering Building.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) - in
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Electrical & Communication Engineering(ECE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Business Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Regular-2 years) (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (Regular-1 year for BBA holders) (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration for Executives (Regular-16 Months) (EMBA)
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS) in Sociology
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS) in Economics
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Economics
- Master of Development Studies (MDS)
The academic year of the university incorporates two regular semesters (Spring and Fall) and one short semester (Summer). The duration of each regular semester is 14/16 weeks and the duration of summer semester is 10/12 weeks.
- Spring Semester: January to April
- Summer Semester: May to August
- Fall Semester: September to December
Scholarship and waiver for undergraduate programsEdit
100% tuition waiver – GPA Golden 5.00 in SSC & HSC/ Equi.
60% tuition waiver – GPA 5.00 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
50% tuition waiver – GPA 4.90-<5.00 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
30% tuition waiver – GPA 4.75-<4.90 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
20% tuition waiver – GPA 4.50-<4.75 in SSC& HSC/ Equi.
10% tuition waiver – GPA 4.25-<4.00
10% tuition waiver for Diploma holder students.
But now here have no waiver .
- "Another pvt univ joins long list of ruling party-backed univs". The New Age. 9 February 2018.
- Bin Habib, Wasim (19 November 2012). "Govt okays 7 more private universities". The Daily Star. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "About Us". North Western University. Retrieved 5 February 2016.