North Vanlaiphai is a census town in East Lungdar Taluk in the Indian state of Mizoram. In the 2001 census it was listed in Serchhip District; however in the 2011 census it was listed in Champhai District. East Lungdar Taluk is split between the two districts.
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, North Vanlaiphai had a population of 3,275. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. North Vanlaiphai has an average literacy rate of 84%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is also 84%. 14% of the population is under 6 years of age. By the 2011 census the population had increased to 3,602.
Vanlaiphai has a flatland measuring 10 kilometers long and 0.8 kilometers in width for rice cultivation. North Vanlaiphai also has a Maicham Small Hydro Project Phase 2 producing 3 MW of power which is about 20 kilometers from Vanlaiphai. Tourism is also being promoted and a Tourist Lodge has been constructed by the Mizoram Government.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Office of the Registrar General, Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "North Vanlaiphai Population Census 2011". Office of the Registrar General, Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 25 August 2015.
- K. C. Kabra (2008). Economic Growth of Mizoram: Role of Business & Industry. Concept Publishing Company.
- "CM in Maicham Small Hydel Project Phase II a hawng". Buannel. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Chhetri, Pratap. "PU S. HIATO'N NORTH VANLAIPHAI LEH EAST LUNGDAR TLAWH". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Mizoram is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|