North High School (Eastlake, Ohio)
North High School is a public high school in Eastlake, Ohio. It is one of two high schools in the Willoughby-Eastlake City School District. The school was created when the Willoughby Union High School was split into North High and South High School.
|Eastlake North High School|
|34041 Stevens Boulevard
Eastlake, Ohio, (Lake County) 44095
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Willoughby-Eastlake City Schools|
|Average class size||25|
|Color(s)||Orange and Black |
|Fight song||"North High Fight Song"|
Boys Cross Country
Girls Cross Country
Boys Track & Field
Girls Track & Field
|Athletics conference||Western Reserve Conference|
|Rival||Willoughby South High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Athletic Director||Dennis Reilly|
About 20 minutes east of Cleveland, Eastlake North High School is located Close to Lake County Captains Stadium. The current enrollment is approximately 1500 students. The current principal is Eric Frei and the assistant principals are Jeff Lyons and Steve Hertrick.
Eastlake North is a member of the Ohio High School Athletic Association and part of the 6-team Premier Athletic Conference. North High school will join the Western Reserve Conference at the start of the 2015-16 school year.
In October 2017, the North Ranger football team qualified for the playoffs for the first time in the school's history with a decisive victory over the Chardon Hilltoppers.
- Lorraine Fende - Class of 1974 - County Treasurer for Lake County, Ohio
- Tyrone Hill - Class of 1986 - retired basketball player, assistant coach for the National Basketball Association's Atlanta Hawks
- Stipe Miocic - Class of 2000 - reigning UFC Heavyweight Champion
- Dennis Wojtanowski - Class of 1968 - co-founder of the Columbus, Ohio-based nonprofit organization Democratic Voices
Notes and referencesEdit
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on March 15, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-02.