North Dakota Highway 32
North Dakota Highway 32 (ND 32) is a north–south highway located that traverses portions of nine counties in eastern North Dakota. The 236.674-mile-long (380.890 km) highway is one of several north–south routes in the state that connects the Canadian border to the state's southern border with South Dakota.
|Maintained by NDDOT|
|Length||236.674 mi (380.890 km)|
|South end||SD 27 at South Dakota state line near Havana|
|North end||PTH 32 at the Canadian border north of Walhalla|
|Counties||Sargent, Ransom, Barnes, Steele, Griggs, Nelson, Grand Forks, Walsh, Pembina|
ND 32 begins at the South Dakota state line near Havana, where going south, it continues as South Dakota Highway 27. After the first 10 miles (16 km), it arrives in Forman, the county seat of Sargent. Continuing north, it enters Ransom County. A brief concurrency with ND 46 at the Ransom-Barnes-Cass County tri-point, turning west following the Ransom/Barnes County line, ND 32 finally enters Barnes County. It mainly traverses rural areas of eastern Barnes County, including an intersection with I-94/US 52 at its exit 302 interchange.
About 42 miles (68 km) north of the I-94 interchange, ND 32 finally reaches Finley, the Steele County seat. In the Sharon area, it straddles the Steele/Griggs County line in its run between the ND 45 junction and the Nelson County line near Aneta.
In Nelson County, ND 32 continues north to Petersburg, where it begins a short concurrency with US 2 which lasts until reaching Niagara, just inside Grand Forks County. It traverses mainly rural areas of northwestern Grand Forks, central Walsh, and western Pembina Counties. In Pembina County, it has brief concurrencies with North Dakota Highways 66 and 5. Walhalla is the last town or community that ND 32 goes through before reaching the Canadian border. ND 32 ends at the Canadian border. At the Walhalla-Winkler Border Crossing, upon entry into southern Manitoba, the road becomes Manitoba Highway 32 (PTH 32), continuing in a northerly direction to Winkler.
Points of interest along the routeEdit
|Sargent||Havana||0.000||0.000||SD 27 south – Britton||ND 32’s southern terminus at the South Dakota state line|
|Forman||ND 11 east – Lidgerwood, Hankinson||Begin concurrency with ND 11|
|ND 11 west – Cogswell, Oakes||End concurrency with ND 11|
|Gwinner||ND 13 east – Milnor||Begin concurrency with ND 13|
|ND 13 west to ND 1||End concurrency with ND 13|
|||ND 46 east – Enderlin, Kindred||Begin concurrency with ND 46 and the Ransom/Barnes County line|
|||ND 46 west to US 281||End concurrency with ND 46 at the Ransom/Barnes County line|
|Barnes||Oriska||I-94 / US 52 – Fargo, Valley City||I-94 Exit 302|
|Pillsbury||ND 26 west – Sibley, Dazey||Eastern terminus of ND 26|
|Steele||||ND 38 south – Hope||Northern terminus of ND 38|
|||ND 200 west – Cooperstown||Begin concurrency with ND 200|
|Finley||ND 200 east – Mayville||End concurrency with ND 200|
|||ND 45 south – Cooperstown||Eastern terminus of ND 45; ND 32 follows Steele/Griggs county line northward from here|
|Nelson||||ND 15 – Northwood, McVille|
|Petersburg||US 2 west – Devils Lake||Begin concurrency with US 2|
|Grand Forks||Niagara||US 2 east – Grand Forks||End concurrency with US 2|
|Walsh||||ND 17 – Park River, Adams|
|Pembina||Gardar||ND 66 east – Crystal, St. Thomas||Begin concurrency with ND 66|
|||ND 66 west – Milton||End concurrency with ND 66|
|||ND 5 east – Cavalier||Begin concurrency with ND 5|
|Concrete||ND 89 south – Cavalier Air Force Station||Northern terminus of ND 89|
|ND 5 west – Langdon||End concurrency with ND 5|
|US-Canada border||236.674||380.890||PTH 32 north – Winkler||Northern terminus at the international border |
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Cartography Sections, Planing/Asset Management Section (2015). Route and Mileage Map (PDF) (Map). 1:1900800. Bismarck: North Dakota Department of Transportation. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Rand McNally (2016). "North Dakota" (Map). The Road Atlas (2016 Walmart ed.). c. 1:1,900,800. Chicago: Rand McNally. p. 77. §§ H11–J12. ISBN 0-528-00626-6.
- South Dakota Department of Transportation (2017). South Dakota Highway Map (Map) (2017 ed.). Pierre: South Dakota Department of Transportation.
- North Dakota Department of Transportation (2018). North Dakota Official Highway Map (Map) (2018 ed.). Bismarck: North Dakota Department of Transportation. §§ K21–P21.
- North Dakota Department of Transportation (2018), §§ J20–H20.
- North Dakota Department of Transportation (2018), §§ B20–H20.
- North Dakota Department of Transportation (2018), §§ A20–B20.
- Rand McNally (2016). "Saskatchewan/Manitoba" (Map). The Road Atlas (2016 Walmart ed.). c. 1:1,900,800. Chicago: Rand McNally. p. 121. §§ M16–N16. ISBN 0-528-00626-6.
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (2016). Manitoba Official Highway Map (Map) (2016 ed.). Winnipeg: Government of Manitoba. Southern Manitoba inset.
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (2016), § D1.
- North Dakota Department of Transportation (2018), § B20.