North Creek, Washington
North Creek is an unincorporated community, formerly a census-designated place (CDP), in Snohomish County, Washington. Part of the community lies within the city limits of Bothell. Based on per capita income, one of the more reliable measures of affluence, Bothell ranks 68th of 614 areas in the state of Washington to be ranked.
North Creek, Washington
Location of North Creek, Washington
|• Total||13.6 sq mi (35.2 km2)|
|• Land||13.6 sq mi (35.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||361 ft (110 m)|
|• Density||1,894.8/sq mi (731.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1852953|
In 2010, the North Creek CDP was retired for unknown reasons. The southeastern portion went to Maltby, the northeastern portion went to newly formed Clearview, the northern portion went to Martha Lake and newly formed Mill Creek East, and the western portion went to newly formed Bothell West and Bothell East.
North Creek High School is located in the community and opened in the fall of 2017.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
On February 2, 1993, a special election was held to consider incorporating the North Creek community into a city. However, the measure failed 1,341 votes in support to 1,927 votes in opposition. Since that time, the community has grown immensely in population, acting as a bedroom community to the nearby well-established city centers and growing business parks. North Creek remains one of the largest unincorporated communities in the county, despite its large population and commercial core.
North Creek is located at (47.823085, -122.198281).
The creek itself is a 12.6-mile-long creek that originates near the Everett Mall and flows southward through Snohomish County and northern King County. The North Creek community is located along the southern portion of North Creek, just north of the creek's mouth at the Sammamish River in Bothell. The community also contains North Creek Park, a county park that features urban wetlands through which the creek flows.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Washington: 2010 Population and Housing Unit Counts" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Jerry Bergsman (3 February 1993). "North Creek Incorporation Bid Fails -- Supporters Vow To Go To Voters Again". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Norm Glenn (June 2001). "North Creek Watershed: Total Maximum Daily Load Evaluation for Fecal Coliform Bacteria" (PDF). Washington State Department of Ecology. Retrieved 14 June 2011.