Norse Gods and Giants(Redirected from Norse Gods and Giants (Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire))
Norse Gods and Giants is a children's book written and illustrated by Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire and published by Doubleday in 1967. It was reissued by Doubleday in 1986 as d'Aulaires' Norse Gods and Giants and by New York Review Books in 2005 as d'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths.
|Author||Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire|
|Genre||Children's literature, mythology|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|ISBN||978-0385072359 (1967) |
ISBN 0385049080 (1986)
ISBN 159017125X (2005)
The 154-page book is organized as a collection of 30 Norse myths, with color illustrations throughout, from "The first gods and giants" and "The creation of the world" to "Ragnarokk, the destiny of the gods" and "A new world". The 2005 Library of Congress catalog summary called it a companion to Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire's Book of Greek myths, published by Doubleday in 1962, a 192-page collection of 46 Greek myths. The Greek and Norse collections are the couple's second and third most widely held works in WorldCat libraries, after their Caldecott Medal-winning picture book Abraham Lincoln (Doubleday, 1957).
- "Norse gods and giants". (1967). Library of Congress Catalog Record. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "D'aulaires' Norse gods and giants" (1986). LC catalog record. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "D'Aulaires' book of Norse myths". (2005). LC catalog record. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- James Hynes (December 18, 2005). "D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths, by Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire". Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- "Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire's Book of Greek myths" (first edition). WorldCat. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "D'Aulaire, Ingri 1904-1980". WorldCat. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
|This article about a picture book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|