This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Norodom Suramarit (Khmer: នរោត្តម សុរាម្រិត) (6 March 1896 – 3 April 1960) was King of Cambodia from 2 March 1955 until his death in 1960. He was the father of King Norodom Sihanouk and the grandfather of Cambodia's current king, Norodom Sihamoni. Suramarit was born in Phnom Penh to Prince Norodom Sutharot. When his grandfather King Norodom died in 1904, Norodom's brother Sisowath took the throne. He died in 1927 and was succeeded by his son Monivong.
|King of Cambodia|
|Reign||2 March 1955 – 3 April 1960|
|Coronation||5 March 1955|
|Successor||Norodom Sihanouk |
as Head of State of Cambodia
|Born||6 March 1896|
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
|Died||3 April 1960 (aged 64)|
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
(m. 1920; died 1960)
|House||House of Norodom|
Suramarit married Monivong's daughter Sisowath Kosamak. Upon Monivong's death in 1941, Sihanouk, Suramarit's son and Monivong's grandson, was selected as the new king. In 1955, Sihanouk abdicated in favor of his father.
Following Suramarit's death in 1960, Sihanouk became head of state once more (although he did not formally regain the title of king until 1993). Suramarit was given the posthumous title of Preah Karuna Preah Norodom Suramarit Preah Moha Kachanakkot (ព្រះករុណាព្រះនរោត្តមសុម្រិត ព្រះមហាកាញ្ចនកោដ្ឋ). His wife Queen Sisowath Kosamak remained Queen Mother after her husband's death.
- Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Cambodia (1941)
- Grand Commander of the Most Glorious Order of the Truth (Agga Maha Thiri Thudhamma) (Burma)
- Commander of the Order of the Legion of Honour (French Republic, 1939)
- Grand Officer of the Order of the Legion of Honour (French Republic)
- Knight Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Crysanthemun (Empire of Japan)
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Million Elephants and the White Parasol (Kingdom of Laos, 1955)
- Knight of the Most Illustrious Order of the Royal House of Chakri (Kingdom of Thailand)
- Knight Grand Cordon of the Order of the Dragon of Annam (Empire of Vietnam)
- Knight Grand Cross of the National Order of Vietnam (Empire of Vietnam)