Norcross is a city in Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States. The population as of the 2010 census was 9,116, while in 2017 the estimated population was 16,845. It is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan statistical area.
"A place to Imagine"
|• Total||4.65 sq mi (12.05 km2)|
|• Land||4.64 sq mi (12.02 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||1,047 ft (319 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,963/sq mi (758.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
30003, 30010, 30071, 30091, 30093
|GNIS feature ID||0319621|
Norcross is located in western Gwinnett County at  It is bordered to the north by the city of Peachtree Corners. Interstate 85 forms the southern boundary of the city, with access from Exits 99 (Jimmy Carter Boulevard), 101 (Indian Trail Lilburn Road), and 102 (Georgia State Route 378). Downtown Atlanta is 20 miles (32 km) to the southwest via I-85.(33.9386, -84.2086).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city of Norcross has a total area of 4.65 square miles (12.05 km2), of which 4.64 square miles (12.02 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2), or 0.25%, is water.
- Gwinnett County Transit serve the city.
- Norcross Greyhound Bus Terminal, 2105 Norcross Pkwy, Norcross, GA 30071
Pedestrians and cyclingEdit
In September 2015, the Norcross City Council approved plans to do a concept study on developing the Beaver Ruin Creek Greenway. The greenway could serve to connect Norcross residents to the Peachtree Creek Greenway that is being developed in Atlanta, Brookhaven, Chamblee and Doraville.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of 2010, Norcross had a population of 9,116. The racial and ethnic composition of the population was 40.8% white, 19.8% black or African American, 0.7% Native American, 2.1% Asian Indian, 10.7% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 21.5% from some other race and 4.3% reporting two or more races. 39.4% of the population was Hispanic or Latino.
At the 2000 census, there were 8,410 people, 2,644 households and 1,768 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,050.4 per square mile (792.0/km²). There were 2,750 housing units at an average density of 670.5 per square mile (259.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 53.50% White, 20.82% African American, 0.54% Native American, 6.10% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 15.39% from other races, and 3.63% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 40.93% of the population.
There were 2,644 households of which 33.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.3% were married couples living together, 13.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.1% were non-families. 22.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.04 and the average family size was 3.35.
Age distribution was 22.7% under the age of 18, 14.8% from 18 to 24, 40.9% from 25 to 44, 15.5% from 45 to 64, and 6.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females, there were 130.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 134.8 males.
The median household income was $44,728 and the median family income was $42,893. Males had a median income of $26,485 versus $27,347 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,573. About 11.8% of families and 17.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.0% of those under age 18 and 17.2% of those age 65 or over.
Primary and secondary schoolsEdit
Gwinnett County Public Schools serves Norcross.
- Susan O. Stripling Elementary School (Norcross)
- Beaver Ridge Elementary School (Norcross)
- Meadowcreek Elementary School (Meadowcreek)
- Nesbit Elementary School (Meadowcreek)
- Norcross Elementary School (Norcross)
- Rockbridge Elementary School (Meadowcreek)
- Baldwin Elementary School (Norcross)
- Pinckneyville Middle (Norcross)
- Summerour Middle (Norcross)
- Brenau University Atlanta Campus (Private College)
- Greater Atlanta Christian School (Private School)
- GIVE Center West (Alternative School)
- Ashworth College (Online/Correspondence University)
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- WestRock, a Fortune 500 paper and packaging manufacturer
- RentPath, a large apartment guide company
- Institute of Industrial Engineers, a professional society for industrial engineers
- LSI Corporation, which designs semiconductors and software that accelerate storage and networking in datacenters and mobile networks
- EMS Technologies, specializing in wireless communications
- American Megatrends, headquartered in Building 200 at 5555 Oakbrook Parkway in unincorporated Gwinnett County near Norcross
- Waffle House, headquartered in Norcross
- NanoLumens, designer and manufacturer of digital LED displays
The 2018 film Love Simon has a carnival themed scene filmed in the Norcross town square.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Norcross city, Georgia". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- Acts Passed by the General Assembly of Georgia. J. Johnston. 1870. p. 212.
- Krakow, Kenneth K. (1975). Georgia Place-Names: Their History and Origins (PDF). Macon, GA: Winship Press. p. 160. ISBN 0-915430-00-2.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Western Gwinnett Bikeway Extension to be Built ", Western Gwinnett Bikeway
- http://www.ajc.com/news/local/norcross-approves-beaver-ruin-creek-greenway-master-plan/WQWiZ160cr2T1bpVQyyHIJ/ Norcross approves Beaver Ruin Creek greenway master plan. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- 2010 general profile of demographic and housing characteristics of Norcross from the US Census]
- "Hours & Locations." Gwinnett County Public Library. Retrieved on February 24, 2010.
- "Contact Us." American Megatrends. Retrieved on May 6, 2009.
- "OFFICIAL ZONING MAP OF THE CITY OF NORCROSS." City of Norcross. Retrieved on May 29, 2011.
- "Contact us". www.wafflehouse.com. Norcross, GA: Waffle House. 2019. Archived from the original on February 16, 2019. Retrieved February 16, 2019.
- "Nanolumens® Announces New World HQ Expansion in Gwinnett". Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce. October 25, 2011.
- "Contáctenos." El Nuevo Georgia. Retrieved on September 18, 2012.
- "Media Kit 2011." ‹See Tfd›(in English) (Archive) El Nuevo Georgia. p. 7. Retrieved on September 18, 2012. "5855 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Norcross, GA 30071"
- "Filming for 'Resurrection' returns to Norcross", by Joshua Sharpe, Gwinnett Daily Post
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Norcross, Georgia.|