The Nonprofit Quarterly, also known as NPQ, is a nonprofit magazine publication which provides research-based articles and resources to educate the nonprofit sector. The publication focuses on management, fundraising practices, philanthropy, and governance/board management.
The Quarterly was originally founded, published and edited by David Garvey in 1994, as the New England Nonprofit Quarterly, as a regional learning magazine for New England nonprofit practitioners. The Nonprofit Quarterly launched as a national print journal in the winter of 1999, and now also publishes daily content online. The current editor-in-chief of NPQ is Ruth McCambridge, who led the transition of the Quarterly to its national format.
- "Non Profit News For Nonprofit Organizations - Nonprofit Quarterly - Nonprofit Quarterly delivers the latest news and investigative reports for non profit organizations. Subscribe to our free newsletter!". nonprofitquarterly.org. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Nonprofit Quarterly: Amazon.com: Magazines". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "25 Best Academic Journals for Nonprofits - NPO.IO". www.npo.io. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- Must-Read Publications for Nonprofit Professionals, the balance
- New England's Nonprofit Sector Searches for a Regional Voice: Connection, New England Board of Higher Education, Vol. XV, Number 2, pages 44-45]., retrieved 10 August 2018