Open main menu

NokScoot Airlines Company Limited, trading as NokScoot, is a Thailand-based low-cost medium- to long-haul airline. It operates international services out of Bangkok's Don Mueang International Airport.

NokScoot
NokScoot Logo.png
IATA ICAO Callsign
XW NCT BIG BIRD
Founded 20 August 2014; 4 years ago (2014-08-20)
Commenced operations 20 May 2015
Hubs Don Mueang International Airport
Alliance Value Alliance
Fleet size 5
Destinations 8
Company slogan Fly Awesome
Parent company Nok Air (51%)
Headquarters Bangkok, Thailand
Key people Mr. Yodchai Sudhidhanakul (CEO)[1]
Website www.nokscoot.com

NokScoot is a joint venture of Thailand's Nok Air and Singapore based Scoot.[2] The airline has operated commercial flights out of Don Mueang International Airport since 20 May 2015.[3]

Contents

HistoryEdit

On 16 December 2013, Scoot announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding with Nok Air to establish a new carrier in Bangkok, operating on medium- and long-haul routes with a fleet of Boeing 777-200 aircraft.[4]

OwnershipEdit

Nok Air owns 51% of NokScoot, with Scoot, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines, owning the remaining 49% – the Thai statutory limit for foreign ownership. The airline had an initial capital of 2 billion baht.[5]

DestinationsEdit

As of April 2018, NokScoot serves the following destinations:

Country City Airport Notes Refs
China Dalian Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport [6]
China Nanjing Nanjing Lukou International Airport [6]
China Qingdao Qingdao Liuting International Airport [6]
China Shenyang Shenyang Taoxian International Airport [6]
China Tianjin Tianjin Binhai International Airport [6]
China Xi'an Xi'an Xianyang International Airport [6]
Japan Osaka Kansai International Airport Begins 28 October 2018 [7]
Japan Tokyo Narita International Airport [8]
Taiwan Taipei Taoyuan International Airport [6]
Thailand Bangkok Don Mueang International Airport Hub [6]

FleetEdit

As of May 2018 the NokScoot fleet consists of the following aircraft:[1]

NokScoot fleet
Aircraft In Service Orders Passengers Notes
J Y Total
Boeing 777-200 5 24[9] 391[citation needed] 415
Total 5 0

CabinEdit

NokScoot's aircraft are operated in a two-class configuration, ScootBiz and Economy.

ScootBizEdit

There are 24 ScootBiz seats in the airline's Boeing 777s. These seats are not lie-flat; the backs recline 8 inches (20 cm) and have a pitch of 38 inches (97 cm). Each seat is 21.7 inches (55 cm) wide and has a footrest and in-arm trays that can be unfolded partially or fully. Similar to its parent airline Scoot, all ScootBiz seats have in-seat power, while the airfare includes complimentary meals and a checked luggage allowance of 30 kilograms (66 lb).[9]

EconomyEdit

There are 391 Economy seats,[citation needed] arranged to provide three different levels of comfort. Standard Economy seats have a pitch of 31 inches (79 cm); Super seats have a pitch of 35 inches (89 cm); and S-t-r-e-t-c-h seats, located at the front of each section of the economy cabin, have a pitch of 36 inches (91 cm). As these are bulkhead and exit row seats, there are no seats in front of them to recline back to invade their space, giving them the most legroom in the economy cabin. Passengers in Standard Economy may reserve seats for a fee, while the fares for Super seats are higher than for Standard Economy seats; passengers choosing S-t-r-e-t-c-h seats will have to pay more compared to the Super Seats.[10] Passengers have to pay for meals in economy, either pre-paid or buy-on board. Passengers must also pay for any checked luggage.[11]

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ a b "HS-XBE joined Nokscoot fleet". Facebook. Hflight. 9 November 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018. 
  2. ^ "NokScoot to be established as new low-cost airline". The Nation. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2014-07-04. 
  3. ^ http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tourism/549135/nokscoot-adds-stopgap-flight
  4. ^ "SIA's new Thai joint-venture carrier NokScoot cleared for take-off". 
  5. ^ "Nok Air joins with Singapore's Scoot". Bangkok Post. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2014-07-04. 
  6. ^ a b c d e f g h "Route Map". NokScoot. Retrieved 3 May 2018. 
  7. ^ "NokScoot adds Osaka service in late-Oct 2018". Rotesonline. 23 August 2018. 
  8. ^ "NokScoot Confirms Tokyo Launch from June 2018". bangkokpost.com. 23 April 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018. 
  9. ^ a b "ScootBiz". NokScoot. Retrieved 1 May 2018. 
  10. ^ "Economy Class". NokScoot. Retrieved 1 May 2018. 
  11. ^ "The Frills". NokScoot. 

External linksEdit