Nobody Else But You
Nobody Else But You (French: Poupoupidou) is a 2011 French comedy crime mystery film written and directed by Gérald Hustache-Mathieu. It stars Jean-Paul Rouve as a bestselling crime novelist who is desperately looking for a new story hones his focus on the apparent suicide of a small-town woman, a local celebrity, who's life mirrors that of Marilyn Monroe, played by Sophie Quinton.
|Nobody Else But You|
|Directed by||Gérald Hustache-Mathieu|
|Produced by||Isabelle Madelaine|
|Written by||Gérald Hustache-Mathieu|
|Starring||Jean-Paul Rouve |
|Music by||Stéphane Lopez|
|Edited by||Valérie Deseine|
The film was shot on 35 mm film stock in Doubs, France, including the church of the village at the center of the story, Mouthe. It was released on 12 January 2011 in France, and on 11 May 2012 in United States. It grossed over $43,000 in the US, and received positive reviews from critics, some of whom compared it favorably to Fargo, Twin Peaks and Laura.
Traveling to the village of his aunt to hear the reading of her will, David Rousseau, an author of crime novels, investigates the death of a beautiful young woman named Candice, an apparent suicide in Mouthe. As he investigates Candice's death, the plot of the movie slowly reveals that it is an allegory of the life and death of Marilyn Monroe. Rousseau refuses to believe she has committed suicide. Teaming up with a local policeman, he seeks to prove that Candice was murdered.
- Jean-Paul Rouve as David Rousseau
- Sophie Quinton as Candice Lecoeur
- Guillaume Gouix as Bruno Leloup
- Arsinée Khanjian as Juliette Geminy
- Joséphine de Meaux as Cathy
- Olivier Rabourdin as Commandant Colbert
- Éric Ruf as Simon Denner
- Finnegan Oldfield as Richi
- Anne Le Ny as the voice of Victoria
- Antoine Michel as Fireman
- Nicolas Duvauchelle as the voice of Fred
On review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 83% based on 30 reviews, and an average rating of 6.7/10. On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating to reviews, the film has a score of 63 out of 100 based on 10 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
|2011||Chicago International Film Festival||Best International Feature||Nominated|
- "Poupoupidou (Nobody Else But You) (2011)". JP's Box-Office. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Nobody Else But You". unifrance.org. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Nobody Else But You". thelondonword.com. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Nobody Else But You (Poupoupidou) (2012)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Nobody Else But You (Poupoupidou) reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|