No One (band)
No One is a four-piece nu metal band from Chicago, Illinois. They released one studio album through Immortal Records in August 2001 to minimal success. No One has performed on Ozzfest and alongside the likes of Slipknot and System of a Down. After lagging commercial success, the group disbanded in 2003. They reformed in 2010 and began performing concerts again.
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Years active||2000–2003, 2010–present|
|Associated acts||Slipknot, System Of A Down, American Head Charge, Mudvayne, Loudmouth|
|Past members||Murk (Rick Murawski)|
B-Larz (Bob Bielarz)
Billy K (Billy Kassanits)
Flare (Mike Flaherty)
Knuckles (Rick Oleferchik)
Vocalist Murk and guitarist B-Larz originally came together in 1994 under the name Black Talon. With the addition of bassist Flare and drummer Billy K, No One was born. They played their first concert on August 5, 2000 at Champ’s. The show occurred between two Chicago dates for Ozzfest, which allowed No One to be exposed to the likes of Disturbed, Soulfly, and The Deadlights. A mere two weeks later, they joined Johnny K to record a 3-track demo.
Shortly after, No One received a phone call notifying them that a manager in California had been shopping the demo around without their consent. Although this bothered the Chicago quartet, they soon received offers from various labels. No One eventually chose Immortal Records, partially because at the time Immortal were known for never having dropped a band from its roster. At the time of signing the record deal, No One only had five songs to their name but did not tell the label and wrote the rest of their album in the studio. They released their one and only self-titled album in August 2001 and toured with various popular nu metal groups including Slipknot, System of a Down, and American Head Charge.
The album charted at No. 35 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart but its two singles did not manage to chart. Ironically, Immortal Records saw No One as a major disappointment and soon dropped the band from their roster. Bassist Flare soon exited the group but No One continued to write new music and post demos on their now-defunct website before disbanding in 2003.
As of 2010 the band is playing shows again.
As of 2014, the band's guitarist Bob Bielarz, his wife Viengsavanh "Vee" Malaythong-Bielarz, and his friend Jeremy Muzika, went missing on Friday, June 20, 2014, just after 11:00pm, after Bob's boat capsized in the Cal-Sag Channel near Palos Hills, Illinois. The bodies of Vee and Jeremy were recovered on June 22. Bielarz was identified June 23.
- Murk (Rick Murawski) – vocals
- Billy K (Billy Kassanits) – drums
- Knuckles (Rick Oleferchik) – guitar
- B-Larz (Bob Bielarz) – guitar 2000–2003, 2010–2014; (died 2014)
- Flare (Mike Flaherty) – bass 2000–2003, 2010–2019; (died 2019)
|August 14, 2001||No One||Immortal Records|
- Hartmann, Graham 'Gruhamed' (June 23, 2014). "No One Guitarist Bob Bielarz Dead After Boat Crash That Also Killed Wife and Friend". Loudwire. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "2 dead in Cal Sag barge collision, search for missing to continue Sunday". ABC7 Chicago. June 21, 2014. Retrieved April 30, 2019.
- Blabbermouth (June 21, 2014). "NO ONE Guitarist BOB BIELARZ And Wife Missing After Boating Accident". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved April 30, 2019.
- Blabbermouth (June 23, 2014). "Body Of NO ONE Guitarist BOB BIELARZ Recovered Following Boating Accident". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved April 30, 2019.
- Hartmann, Graham. "No One's Bob Bielarz Dead After Boating Accident". Loudwire. Retrieved April 30, 2019.