No More Sad Songs
"No More Sad Songs" is a song by British girl group Little Mix from the group's fourth studio album, Glory Days (2016). The song was written by Emily Warren, Edvard Førre Erfjord, Henrik Michelsen and Tash Phillips; produced by Electric and Joe Kearns. A remix version, featuring newly recorded vocals from American rapper Machine Gun Kelly, was released as the third single from the album on 3 March 2017, through Syco Music. The remix of the song is included on the reissue of the album, Glory Days: The Platinum Edition (2017).
|"No More Sad Songs"|
|Single by Little Mix featuring Machine Gun Kelly|
|from the album Glory Days|
|Released||3 March 2017|
|Little Mix singles chronology|
|Machine Gun Kelly singles chronology|
Background and releaseEdit
Digital Spy's writer Lewis Corner stated: "Now that the break-up has well and truly sunk in, the girls are trying to put it behind them by getting back out there and enjoying their lives again. The one request? No more sad songs, obviously. "I'm still trying to put this behind me / I still want to know who's taking you home," Perrie admits on the verse, before it bursts into a spirited electronic-tinged chorus that you can really get swept up in with its addictive squiggles. It's a beautifully defiant twist on a subtle club banger, and Perrie's big vocal run at the end is a real moment."[excessive quote]
|Euro Digital Songs (Billboard)||17|
|New Zealand Heatseekers (RMNZ)||9|
|Philippines (Philippine Hot 100)||77|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||4|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||15|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||65|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||746,000|
sales+streaming figures based on certification alone
|United States||3 March 2017||Syco|||
- "Little Mix's new album Glory Days exclusive track-by-track review: exactly what British pop needs right now". Digital Spy. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- "Album Review: Little Mix's Glory Days "A Mega Pop Album That Won't Let You Down'". Buzzfeed. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- "Worst to First! Little Mix's 'Glory Days' Songs Ranked". Tell Tales. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- "Little Mix Announce 'No More Sad Songs' As Their Next Single… Featuring Machine Gun Kelly!". Capital FM Radio. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- White, Jack (1 March 2017). "Little Mix team up with Machine Gun Kelly for new single". United Kingdom: Official Charts Company. Archived from the original on 2 March 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Little Mix's new album Glory Days exclusive track-by-track review: exactly what British pop needs right now". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Little Mix go all Coyote Ugly in their new video for No More Sad Songs". Metro. 30 March 2017. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- "Chart Search". Billboard. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "IRMA - Irish Charts". Irish Recorded Music Association. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "NZ Heatseekers Singles Chart". Recorded Music NZ. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "BillboardPH Hot 100". Billboard Philippines. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "End of Year Singles Chart Top 100 – 2017". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Copsey, Rob (15 November 2018). "Little Mix's Top 20 biggest singles on the Official Chart". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- "British single certifications – Little Mix – No More Sad Songs". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 9 March 2018. Select singles in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type No More Sad Songs in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "No More Sad Songs (feat. Machine Gun Kelly) - Single by Little Mix". iTunes Store (US). 3 March 2017. Retrieved 9 May 2017.