Nivelles railway station
Nivelles (Dutch: Station Nijvel) is a railway station in the town of Nivelles, Walloon Brabant, Belgium. The station opened on 1 June 1874 and is located on line 124. The train services are operated by National Railway Company of Belgium (NMBS).
|Location||Nivelles, Walloon Brabant|
|Operated by||National Railway Company of Belgium|
|Opened||1 June 1874|
The station used to be known as Nivelles East when there was also a Nivelles North station on the former line 141.
The railway line between Nivelles-Waterloo-Linkebeek (south of Brussels) is currently (2015) being enlarged to allow a higher frequency of local and intercity trains.
The station is served by the following services:
- Intercity services (IC-05) Antwerp - Mechelen - Brussels - Nivelles - Charleroi (weekdays)
- Intercity services (IC-27) Brussls Airport - Brussels-Luxembourg - Etterbeek - Nivelles - Charleroi (weekdays)
- Intercity services (IC-31) Antwerp - Mechelen - Brussels - Nivelles - Charleroi (weekends)
- Brussels RER services (S1) Antwerp - Mechelen - Brussels - Waterloo - Nivelles (weekdays)
- Brussels RER services (S1) Brussels - Waterloo - Nivelles (weekends)
|Preceding station||NMBS/SNCB||Following station|
toward Brussels National Airport