Nieves Zuberbühler (born 1987) is an Argentine journalist, reporter, and producer.
|Born||August 26, 1987|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Alma mater||Austral University|
New York University
|Occupation||journalist, reporter, producer|
|Television|| Todo Noticias|
|Spouse(s)||Julio Mario Santo Domingo III (m.2015, sep. 2017)|
|Relatives||Concepción Cochrane Blaquier (cousin)|
Early life and educationEdit
Zuberbühler was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1987 to Ignacio Zuberbühler and Marina Blaquier. Zuberbühler is a cousin of Concepción Cochrane Blaquier and Delfina Blaquier. Her mother's family, the Blaquiers, are one of the wealthiest families in Argentina. She was educated at Northlands School and attended undergraduate studies at Austral University. She earned a master's degree in journalism and international relations at New York University.
Zuberbühler works as a journalist, news reporter, and producer. She was the recipient of a News & Documentary Emmy Award. In March 2016, as an associate producer for 60 Minutes, she interviewed the last surviving prosecutor from the Nuremberg trials. She began working for 60 Minutes in 2012 as an intern, when she proposed covering a story about young police informants in drug cases getting killed. Prior to working at 60 Minutes she was an intern at CBS. Since 2020, she works in the Argentine news channel, Todo Noticias, as a correspondent in New York.
A member of the Santo Domingo family by marriage, she is the wife of Colombian-American billionaire Julio Mario Santo Domingo III. Her husband is the brother of Tatiana Santo Domingo and son of Julio Mario Santo Domingo Jr. They were married in a civil ceremony in 2015. They married in a Catholic ceremony at the Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Red Hook, Brooklyn in October 2016. In 2017 she and her husband separated.
- "Separación sorpresa en la familia de Tatiana Santo Domingo". Vanity Fair. November 21, 2017.
- "Nieves Zuberbühler, en la meca del periodismo". www.lanacion.com.ar. December 18, 2016.
- "Career News". NYU Journalism.
- Nast, Condé. "Meet the Young Roses: The Next Generation of Socially Conscious Socialites". Vogue.
- Dangremond, Sam (November 1, 2016). "Julio Santo Domingo and Nieves Zuberbühler Had a Halloween-Themed Wedding". Town & Country.
- O'Neill, Grace. "Nieves Zuberbühler and Julio Mario Santo Halloween Wedding". Harper's BAZAAR.
- "Julio Santo Domingo and Nieves Zuberbühler Had a Halloween-Themed Wedding". finance.yahoo.com.
- Sutton, Samantha (November 5, 2016). "This Bride Appears to Have 3 Dress Changes Throughout the Night, but the Real Story Is a Lot More Magical". POPSUGAR Fashion.
- "Meet the 32-Year-Old Billionaire Beer Heir Who DJs Music Festivals for a Living". Money.
- Macon, Alexandra. "Nieves Zuberbühler Wears Brandon Maxwell to Wed Julio Santo Domingo in a Halloween-Theme Wedding". Vogue.
- Davis, Dominic-Madori. "This is how the 5 youngest billionaires in America spend their time and money". Business Insider.
- "Nieves Zuberbühler se separó del multimillonario Julio Mario Santo Domingo III". www.lanacion.com.ar. November 24, 2017.