Nick E. Tarabay
Nick E. Tarabay
Tarabay at Florida SuperCon 2014
Tarabay was born in Beirut, Lebanon, to a large family. His parents still reside in Lebanon, as does his younger brother and a large extended family of cousins, uncles and aunts. He moved to New York after high school. As a clothing salesman, he worked for Hugo Boss and Gucci, while studying acting at the T. Schreiber Studio and appearing in Off-Off-Broadway plays. He moved to Los Angeles in 2004, where he studied under Larry Moss and appeared in their studio's staging of John Patrick Shanley's Danny and the Deep Blue Sea.
Tarabay made his television debut as an extra in an episode of Sex and the City (2000). He got another minor role in The Sopranos (2001–2004), where he played the role of Matush, a drug dealer. He also played the role of The Captor in David Ellison's 2005 dramatic short film When All Else Fails. As well he played a role in the 2008's television series Crash, in which he played character, Axel Finet, a hot-tempered police lieutenant. He was not brought back for the second season.
Tarabay played a central supporting role in the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand in the character of Ashur, a former gladiator who was injured and now is used as an agent and spy. He also appears in the prequel miniseries Spartacus: Gods of the Arena with the same role prior to his injury, as well as the sequel to Blood and Sand, Spartacus: Vengeance. In 2013, he appeared as Klingon patrol officer in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness.
More recently, Tarabay played a role in the seventh season of USA Network's Burn Notice as "Dexter Gamble." Additionally, Tarabay portrays Reiken in the Brent Ryan Green film The Veil. In 2014, he joined the cast of the CW series Arrow as supervillain Digger Harkness/Captain Boomerang. In addition to this, Tarabay has served as a recurring character in the fourth season of Person of Interest as "Devon Grice," an ISA operative. He joined the TV show "The Expanse" in its second season. He voiced the role of Haruk in Bioware's 2019 video game Anthem.
|2000||Sex and the City||Dancer||1 episode|
|2001-2004||The Sopranos||Matush||3 episodes|
|2005||When All Else Fails||The Captor||Short film|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Neil Massey||1 episode|
|The Unit||Fat Man / Man||2 episodes|
|Moonlight||Ralf Martan||1 episode|
|2008-2009||Crash||Axel Finet||13 episodes|
|2009||Without a Trace||Bobby Elber||1 episode|
|Navy CIS||Haziq Khaleel||1 episode|
|2011||Detroit 1-8-7||Amir Sakhani||1 episode|
|2012||Common Law||Cooper Williams||1 episode|
|2013||Star Trek Into Darkness||Klingon|
|Burn Notice||Dexter Gamble||2 episodes|
|Major Crimes||Jason Goss||1 episode|
|2014||Believe||Niko Zepada||5 episodes|
|2014, 2017||Arrow||Digger Harkness / Captain Boomerang||3 episodes|
|2014-2015||Person of Interest||Devon Gryce||3 episodes|
|2015||Longmire||Tyler Malone||3 episodes|
|Death Valley||Roy Dillen|
|2016||Castle||Vasily Zhirov||1 episode|
|2017-2018||The Expanse||Cotyar Ghazi||Recurring (seasons 2-3), 15 episodes|
|2018||Pacific Rim: Uprising||Sonny|
|2019||Anthem||Haluk (voice)||Video game|
- Godbee, Kevin (22 January 2009). "Cigar Smoking Celebrity Interview - Nick Tarabay". Puff. Puff Enterprises. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "When All Else Fails (2005)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2015-02-15.
- Perry, Byron (18 June 2008). "D.B. Sweeney, Nick Tarabay". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "Crash". Starz Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2009-10-15. Retrieved 2009-08-30. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Australian Andy Whitfield is 'Spartacus'". The Hollywood Reporter. 30 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- Goldberg, Lesley (November 7, 2011). "Starz Renews 'Spartacus' for Third Season". Hollywood Reporter.
- "Burn Notice Episode Guide". USA Network.
- "First Look At Actors William Moseley And Serinda Swan In 'The Veil'". Knowshi Magazine. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "'Arrow' Casts 'Flash' Villain 'Captain Boomerang'". Screenrant. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2014.