Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort (commonly known as Fallsview Casino) is a resort casino in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. It opened publicly on June 10, 2004. The $1 billion complex overlooks the Horseshoe Falls and is one of the most prominent features of the Niagara skyline. The site was once the transformer station building for the Ontario Power Company at the foot of Horseshoe Falls. It was also occupied by the Canadian Pacific Railway Montrose Subdivision. The complex is owned by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation. As of June 2019, the casino's day-to-day operations are managed by Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment.
|Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort|
Fallsview Casino as seen from above
|Address||6380 Fallsview Boulevard|
Niagara Falls, Ontario
|Opening date||June 10, 2004|
|No. of rooms||374|
|Total gaming space||200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||21 Club|
|Owner||Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation|
Planning began in February 1998 – Falls Management Group L.C. selected to develop new casino resort.
Construction began in 2001 and the resort opened on June 10, 2004.
The east facade of the complex retains the walls of the terrace and front entrance of the transformer station built in 1904. The area where the transformers resided is now the Grand Hall convention halls.
At the main entrance is a water feature called 'The Teslatron'. During its first few years of functioning it featured nightly displays with added audio and lighting but over the past few years this has ceased. At street level there is a fountain that varies its height with the wind so as not to wet pedestrians and passing cars.
When players need to cash out their money from the Ticket-In, Ticket-Out slot machines, the player is given a bar-coded paper ticket. Tickets are referred to as TITO(s). Tickets are void after 90 days.
Facts and figuresEdit
- Entire complex area: 2,500,000 sq ft (230,000 m2)
- Casino floor area: 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)
- Gaming tables: over 100; includes poker tables
- Slot machines: over 3000
- Concert Showroom (The Avalon Ballroom Theatre) with 1500 seats: 1
- Minimum age for gambling: 19
- Hotel rooms/suites: 374
- Heath/fitness spa area: 15,000 sq ft (1,400 m2)
- Restaurants: 18
- Nightclubs: 1
- Galleria Shopping Centre: over 30 shops
- Parking Spots in parking garage: 3,000
- New 5,000 seat entertainment center set to open in April 2020 (delayed due to COVID)
The casino has a 35-floor 374-room CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel rising from above the casino complex.
- Casino Niagara
- List of casinos in Canada
- Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel, the largest casino on the American side of the Falls
- List of tallest buildings in Niagara Falls, Ontario
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fallsview Casino Resort.|