|Commune de Ngaliema|
Ngaliema on map of Kinshasa city-province
Kinshasa city-province on map of DR Congo
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||224.3 km2 (86.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,000/km2 (7,900/sq mi)|
Ngaliema is situated in the west of Kinshasa. It stretches south towards Mont Ngaliema and along the main road linking Kinshasa and the city of Matadi in Bas-Congo. The boundary between Ngaliema and the Mont Ngafula commune is defined by the Lukunga River.
In addition to the communities of Binza Ozone, Binza Météo, Binza Delvaux and Binza I.P.N., the area also accommodates:
- The Palais de Marbre (Marble Palace): built as a Presidential guests' residence under Mobutu Sese Seko, it was the official residence of President Laurent-Désiré Kabila. It is in his private office at the Marble palace that Kabila was assassinated, allegedly by one of his bodyguards.
- The Cité de l'Union africaine (African Union village}} compound: built when Kinshasa was the host of a summit of heads of states of the Organisation of African Unity, the sprawling compound has paid host to many official functions. Most recently, it has become the official location of the weekly meeting of the Council of Ministers, the deliberative body of the Congolese executive branch.
- The Camp Militaire Colonel Tshatshi (Colonel Tshatshi Military Compound): One of the two major military bases in Kinshasa, the base pays host to the defense department, and the Joint Chiefs of staff central command headquarters for the Military of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (FARDC). It also surrounds two previous Presidential palaces.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ngaliema.|
- "Ngaliema, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Géographie de Kinshasa (Geography of Kinshasa)" (in French). Ville de Kinshasa (City of Kinshasa). Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Nzuzi, Francis Lelo (2008). Kinshasa: ville et environnement. Editions L'Harmattan. p. 132. ISBN 978-2-296-06080-7.
- "Home." American School of Kinshasa. Retrieved on December 8, 2017. "The American School of Kinshasa Rte de Matadi, Ngaliema Kinshasa II, République Démocratique du Congo"
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Binza Rotary Club
- Pictures of the gardens of the Mont Nagliema palace
- Map of Kinshasa (2001)
- Map of Léopoldville[permanent dead link] (1960)
- Map of Léopoldville[permanent dead link] (1954)