Ng Hong-mun GBM (Chinese: 吳康民, born 9 April 1926) is a Chinese politician who served as a member of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th National People's Congress representing Guangdong, from 1975 to 1998. Ng then served as a member of the 9th and 10th National People's Congress representing Hong Kong, from 1998 to 2008. He is the longest serving member of the National People's Congress from Hong Kong, serving as member for over 32 years. In addition, Ng is also appointed as a Hong Kong affair advisor in 1992 and as a member of the Preliminary Working Committee in 1993.
|Member of the 9th and 10th National People's Congress|
March 1998 – March 2008
|Member of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th National People's Congress|
January 1975 – March 1998
|Born||9 April 1926|
Hweilai, Kwangtung, Republic of China
Ng was awarded the Grand Bauhinia Medal, the highest award under the Hong Kong honours and awards system by Chief Executive CH Tung on July 1 1998. He currently works as a columnist for Ming Pao.
Criticizing the Pro-Democracy CampEdit
On 8 March 2014, Ng, as a columnist for Ming Pao, commented that the recent political chaos in Hong Kong has reached a "critical point" (Chinese: 臨界點). He denounced the Occupy Central with Love and Peace movement launched by members of the pro-democracy camp, warning that further moves against the Chinese Government by the general public will result in a "total disaster" for Hong Kong, causing Hong Kong to be totally ungovernable. 
- 第八届全国人民代表大会代表 (in Chinese). China: NPC.com. 22 February 1993. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- 第十届全国人民代表大会代表 (in Chinese). China: NPC.com. 28 February 2003. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- 吴康民：我当人大代表32年 (in Chinese). China: Sina News. 15 March 2007. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Yik, Cindy (2010). "6". Chinese Communist and Hong Kong Capitalists. Hong Kong: Palgrave Macmillan. p. 108. ISBN 0230113915. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "HKSAR PRECEDENCE LIST" (PDF). Hong Kong: HKSAR Government. August 2014. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- "Hong Kong columnist meets Premier Wen". Hong Kong: South China Morning Post. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- 吳康民：香港已達亂與治的臨界點 (in Chinese). Hong Kong: Apple Daily. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- 吳康民：港政治亂局達臨界點 (in Chinese). Hong Kong: Oriental Daily Hong Kong. 9 March 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.