Newmarket Films was an American film production and distribution company and a former film distribution subsidiary of Newmarket Capital Group. It was founded in 1994 by Chris Ball and William Tyrer, with the company’s executive team made up of Chris Calhoon, Rene Cogan, John Crye and Robert Fyvolent. Newmarket Films was acquired by Exclusive Media Group (which eventually became Exclusive Media), which then sold its own film library to AMBI Group in 2009.
Newmarket Films was a privately owned independent production and distribution company. Newmarket looks to acquire, produce, and distribute diverse films. The company produced such films as The Mexican, Cruel Intentions, and the Christopher Nolan films The Prestige and Memento. Newmarket has distributed, in North America, such films as The Passion of the Christ, Whale Rider, Monster, Donnie Darko, and God Grew Tired of Us.
Newmarket Films has been involved with distributing or producing the following movies:
- The Chumscrubber (co-production with Go Fish Pictures, El Camino Pictures, Equity Pictures and L.B. Laurence Bender Productions)
- Cruel Intentions
- Death of a President
- Donnie Darko (co-production with Pandora) (DVD distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment)
- God Grew Tired of Us
- The Importance of Being Earnest
- Lilya 4-ever
- Memento (co-production with Summit Entertainment) (DVD distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment)
- The Mexican
- Monster (co-production with DEJ Productions and Media 8 Entertainment)
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- The Nines (co-production with Destination Films)
- Open Hearts
- The Passion of the Christ (co-production with Icon Productions) (DVD distributed by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment)
- The Prestige (co-production with Touchstone Pictures and Warner Bros.)
- Prom Night (co-production with Alliance Films and Original Film)
- Real Women Have Curves
- Silver City
- The Skulls
- Stark Raving Mad (co-production with Summit Entertainment) (DVD distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment)
- Topsy Turvy
- The Usual Suspects
- Whale Rider
- Y tu mamá también
- "EMG Acquires Newmarket Films". TheWrap. 6 November 2009.
- Kilday, Gregg. "Exclusive Media Group Rebrands Itself as Exclusive Media". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (4 September 2015). "Exclusive Media Group Library Sold To AMBI Group". Deadline.
|This article about an American film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|