New York University Libraries(Redirected from New York University Library)
New York University Division of Libraries (NYU Libraries) is the library system of New York University (NYU), located on the university's global campus, but primarily in the United States. It is one of the largest university libraries in the United States. The NYU Libraries hold nearly 10 million volumes and comprises five main libraries in Manhattan and one each in Brooklyn, Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. Its flagship, the Elmer Holmes Bobst Library on Washington Square, receives 2.6 million visits annually. Around the world the Libraries offers access to about 10 million electronic journals, books, and databases. NYU's Game Center Open Library in Brooklyn is the largest collection of games held by any university in the world.
|Access and use|
|Circulation||Over one million books annually|
|Director||Carol A. Mandel|
NYU and affiliated librariesEdit
- Elmer Holmes Bobst Library
- Sid and Ruth Lapidus Health Sciences Library
- Waldmann Memorial Dental Library
- Grey Fine Arts Library and Study Center
- Ross Library at the Stern School of Business
- Jack Brause Library
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences Library
- Stephen Chan Library at the Institute of Fine Arts
- Ettinghausen Library
- Dibner Library
- Constantine Georgiou Library
- Crisman Library at Broome Residential College
- Avery Fisher Library for Music and Media
- Acton Library
- Game Center Open Library
- Conservation Center Library
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World (ISAW)
- Law Library
- New-York Historical Society
- New York School of Interior Design Library
- NYU Abu Dhabi Library
- NYU Shanghai Library
- Villa La Pietra Library
- The New School: List Center Library
- Cooper Union Library
- University Center Library
- Performing Arts Library
- Bern Dibner Library (Tandon School of Engineering)
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences Library (Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences)
- Health Sciences Libraries (including Ehrman Medical Library)
- Institute for the Study of the Ancient World Library
- Jack Brause Library (School for Professional Studies)
- Law Library (School of Law)
- Ettinghausen Library (Near Eastern Studies)
- Stephen Chan Library (Institute of Fine Arts)
- Ross Library (Stern School of Business)
- Grey Fine Arts Library and Study Center (Art History)
- Avery Fisher Library (Music and Media)
- Game Center Open Library (Tandon School of Engineering)
- The Constantine Georgiou Library (Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development)
- "New York University - Bobst Library: facpols.html". nyu.edu. Archived from the original on 9 October 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Top 50 Game Design Schools and Colleges in the US – 2015". animationcareerreview.com. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- NYU Web Communications. "Libraries". nyu.edu. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "New York University - Bobst Library: Carol A. Mandel, Dean". nyu.edu. Archived from the original on 5 October 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Claire Shaw. "Library futures: New York University". the Guardian. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "NYU's Brilliant Design Solution to A Building's Suicide Problem". TIME.com. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Dunlap, David W. (2012-08-19). "A Digitally Inspired Veil, Intended to Save Lives, Appears at N.Y.U. Library". City Room. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Demonstrators Take Over Guggenheim, NYU Over Abu Dhabi Labor Conditions". DNAinfo New York. Archived from the original on 6 October 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Joe Robinson (24 June 2015). "How to Build Up Your Willpower Muscle". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "The Left Front, Grey Art Gallery, New York — review". Financial Times. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Treatings networking app Hayden Williams - Business Insider". Business Insider. 8 March 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Claire Shaw. "University libraries: 10 global portraits". the Guardian. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- Mancuso, Anne; DeSMET, NICOLE HIGGINS (2013-06-13). "Spare Times for June 14-20". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "In Her Words: Inspirational Women Writers and Poets (Part-II)". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "New York University Libraries". nyu.edu. Retrieved 10 October 2015.