Terraced houses in New Tredegar
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||NEW TREDEGAR|
|Senedd Cymru – Welsh Parliament|
New Tredegar is now home to 'The Winding House', a county museum which opened in 2008. It is controlled by CCBC Museums service and the Friends of the Winding House community group.
The area is rich in the mining heritage of the South Wales mining industry. The area is supported by two primary schools; White Rose Primary school and Phillipstown Primary school. The area also contains a number of religious buildings including; Saint Dingat's Church and the Presbyterian Church of Wales.
Along with other parts of Rhymney, New Tredegar had Welsh speakers in the community the Welsh-only monuments in the local cemetery testify to the strength of the language locally in the first quarter of the 20th century.
Capel Golf Club, New Tredegar, (now defunct) first appeared in the mid 1930s and continued into the 1950s.
New Tredegar RFC, sits in Division 3 of Welsh Rugby Union League.
- Darcy Blake, professional footballer, was born in New Tredegar.
- Tim Rhys-Evans, was a vocal tutor at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and MBE holder
- Linden Jones, professional footballer, was born in New Tredegar.
- Eliot Allen Richards, professional footballer, was born in New Tredegar.
- Gerald Jones, MP for Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney
In the Caerphilly County Borough Council Elections 2017, Eluned Stenner and Anthony Evans were elected.
New Tredegar is home to Zipline Creative, a TV production company.
- “Capel Golf Club”, “Golf’s Missing Links”.
- Kirsty McGregor (16 October 2018). "Lingerie and swimwear manufacturer AJM Sewing has gone into voluntary liquidation and ceased trading". Drapers.