It was instrumental in first introducing Detroit techno to a British audience, through its early Bio Rhythm compilations, as well as house music and developing homegrown breakbeat hardcore. Network released music from artists such as Juan Atkins, Derrick May, MK, Neal Howard, Model 500, Kevin Saunderson, Rhythm on the Loose, Cyclone, Funky Green Dogs From Outer Space, SL2, Nexus 21, Altern-8 & MC Lethal.
It launched a spin-off label, Six6 (also known as 6x6) distributed by Virgin Records from 1993-1996.
After a hiatus, Network returned to re-release the 1991 Derrick May album Innovator in December 2019.
- Bill Brewster (6 July 2017). "Interview: Neil Rushton". RBMA Daily.
- David Bentley (14 February 2014). "26 more pictures of Birmingham nightclubs where you danced in your teens and 20s". Birmingham Mail.
- Price, Emmett George, ed. (2010), "Techno", Encyclopedia of African American Music, vol. 3, Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, p. 942, ISBN 978-0313341991, retrieved 13 July 2013
- Reynolds Simon, 1998, Energy Flash, Picador, p55, ISBN 0-5712-8914-2
- "Network Records relaunches with an expanded edition of Derrick May's 1991 classic, Innovator". Resident Advisor. 22 December 2019.