Netherlands national bandy team
|Association||Bandy Bond Nederland|
|Bandy World Championship|
|Appearances||20 (first in 1991)|
|Best result||7th (1991)|
The team made its international championship debut at the 1913 European Bandy Championships in Davos, Switzerland. However, the Netherlands did not compete in the Bandy World Championship before the 1990s, even if bandy actually has been played more or less regularly in the Netherlands since the early 20th Century. The Netherlands participated in their first World Championship tournament in 1991 and has been attending the tournaments regularly since the 2003 championship.
On 6 January 2014 the Dutch won a four nation tournament in Davos, a centenary celebration of the European Championship of 1913. The other teams were Czech Republic, Hungary, and Germany. The Netherlands also took part in the 2016 Davos Cup.
The current team is controlled by the Bandy Bond Nederland.
- Arnout Janmaat (March 7, 2013). "120 jaar bandygeschiedenis in Nederland (1891-2011)" (PDF). pp. 10–13. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- "Unofficial European Championships 2013/14". Bandysidan. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "Internationellt Stor glädje i Davos" (in Swedish). Idrottonline. January 7, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Photo from the tournament of the Dutch and Czech teams
- "Davos Cup – Back in the game!". Federation of International Bandy. 13 January 2016. Archived from the original on 29 January 2016. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- Official Site (in Dutch)
- Somalia - the Netherlands game of 1 Feb 2015 at Youtube from the 2015 Bandy World Championship (the game starts about 4:55 in)
|This article about sports in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a bandy team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|