Netherlands at the 1960 Summer Olympics
|Netherlands at the|
1960 Summer Olympics
(PBA used at these Games)
|NOC||Dutch Olympic Committee*|
Dutch Sports Federation
|Competitors||110 (80 men and 30 women) in 13 sports|
|Flag bearer||Jan Willem van Erven Dorens|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
Thirteen male cyclists represented the Netherlands in 1960.
Five fencers, one man and four women, represented the Netherlands in 1960.
- Men's double sculls – 5th place
- Hans Sleeswijk 24th, 2265 points
- Men's Team Competition
- Preliminary Round (Group C)
- Lost to Yugoslavia (1–2)
- Defeated Australia (5–3)
- Tied with South Africa (3–3)
- Semi Final Round (Group 2)
- Lost to Hungary (1–3)
- Lost to United States (6–7)
- Classification Round (5th/8th)
- Lost to Romania (4–5)
- Lost to Germany (5–6) → 8th place
- Team Roster
- "Netherlands at the 1960 Rome Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 3 November 2010.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Netherlands Rowing at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2018.